Does anyone DE shave and use an electric shaver occasionally ?

I do shift work and my early starts range from 3.30am and when on lates sometimes don't finish until 1.30am
I also like to go to the gym and sometimes just don't have the time or the energy to DE shave (which I love)
Does anyone here DE shave but also use an electric shaver to tidy up, save time, added convenience etc
The reason I ask is that our bathroom has been ripped out and I've had to use an old electric and whilst the results have been questionable I have recognised the convenience of shaving whilst watching TV etc
If so, how go you about it properly and is it a viable option ?
Any advice would be welcome

I bought a Panasonic ES-LL21 three years ago with just quick touch-ups in mind.
It isn't exactly a bottom feeder, but it turned out that I couldn't use it dry without fairly significant discomfort while achieving meh results.
I used it a few times with a gel or soap and got fairly close and almost comfortable shaves. Ended up giving it away to my father, as he prefers electric shavers.

I still have a Philips OneBlade, and it perform almost as well as the Panasonic while being more comfortable, though I still need to use it wet.

Having said that, I haven't tried anything like a Braun Series 9 Pro, Philips Series 9000 or Panasonic ES-LS9A. However, they are rather expensive and replacement heads are in the £45-£60 range when not on sale.

I'd also suggest that if you're shaving, you probably wouldn't really be watching the telly if you want a half-decent result of either. Bits of hair flying off of you and annoyed companions trying to watch the same thing don't add to the experience.

If you could get a small mirror, perhaps you could shave in the kitchen instead and tidy up fairly quickly afterwards?

Guilty as charged, I was an electric shaver for 40 years, before that I had a full beard (it was the seventies) and before that I was at school! I always found it perfectly adequate, never got a BBS but close enough. I used to travel around the country for work so I was staying in b&b's and small hotels and never had time to spend on frivolities like wet shaving, and this of course was the time of cartridge razors, and I never got along with those!
My usual shaver was a Philips 3 head - just a basic rechargeable one, Boots still sell the latest version, the 3000 I think it is, no fancy heads or foils or wet and dry nonsense, just a shaver, about £30 last time I bought one - I still have it for the occasional tidy or trim of my goatee (yes I'm that old).
Now that I am a retired person of leisure I have the time to wet shave, and I must say I quite enjoy it, very relaxing! But for a quick shave for work you can't beat an electric, some things are similar, don't press into your face, don't go over the same bit too many times - but at least you don't have to worry about cutting bits off!

Last edited:
I have a Braun series 7, used during my bearded years for tidying around the edges. It’s getting really old now, but still going strong.
I use it for short breaks in this country, but not “proper” hols abroad. It’s actually quite good, but it isn’t like a wet shave.

Back
Top Bottom