Does anybody use an e-ink tablet for their notes?

Does any one use one of these devices:
  • Remarkable 2
  • SuperNote AX5
  • Boox Note Air 2
I appreciate they are a niche products, but I am trying to go paperless for all my work activity. As I work at a manufacturing company, I would use the device for team meetings, discussions, reviewing activities in the factory as well as planning / redesigning processes and procedures.

Any real life feedback would be appreciated, as work are willing to trial a device for me.

Is it essential that it uses e-ink, an iPad is far more usable and capable than the ones you have listed.
As your work are paying just get the latest iPad Pro, job done.

If it is purely for taking notes why not use pen and paper and then digitise using a small portable scanner or App.

Does any one use one of these devices:
  • Remarkable 2
  • SuperNote AX5
  • Boox Note Air 2
I appreciate they are a niche products, but I am trying to go paperless for all my work activity. As I work at a manufacturing company, I would use the device for team meetings, discussions, reviewing activities in the factory as well as planning / redesigning processes and procedures.

Any real life feedback would be appreciated, as work are willing to trial a device for me.
A bit late to this but I use the Note Air 2, I haven't tried any of the other but I did a fair bit of research before purchasing. It runs Android and is quite configurable (as far as E-ink tablets go). I suggest you look at your use cases carefully as it may not be the right device for what you need.

It's quite big and heavy so I prefer to read on my kindle but for desk use, it is very good. The screen feedback feels nice when writing with the default pen and nib although I am about to change it for the Lamy EMR as it has a button that can be used for erasing. The default Boox pen doesn't but I think the pro pen does.

The boox will read any format I throw at it without conversion, there is a boox drop app on the device which lets you transfer from a pc or other device wirelessly but you can also plug in external drives, SD cards, etc and transfer directly. There is a cloud save feature that you can use to upload your notes, they give you 5GB of space.

I bought the magnetic cover with the device but I don't like it, the flap is crap and although it helps keep the pen in place it's gappy and the front of the cover lifts off the screen a a little bit, not a problem but it annoys me. The magnetic cover doesn't have any stand in portrait mode, only landscape.

It has google play installed so you can use many apps for productivity, some work better than others but you can manage the settings for each individually and tweak them to look better.

I don't have a use for sharing or collaboration inside a team so I can't comment on how that works but I am sure youtube has people who do.

The AI recognition works okay for me in English and Japanese, you can handwrite a note, convert it using AI, and then export it to PNG, Bitmap PDF, Vector PDF, or TXT.

The user manual is available on the site to download and I would recommend reading through it to see if it offers what you need.

Back
Top Bottom