Documentary about Ozzy Osbourne

....on tv ? Friday evening. Loved and hated it in equal measure. We saw the young Ozzy starting off in Black Sabbath. Living the rock and roll lifestyle....good for him...how many young fellas dream of a life if sex drugs and rock and roll at the age of 18-20. Drank enough to float a liner and sniffed enough nose candy so that he couldn't remember. Then he banged on about thre R & R lifestyle not being conducive to family life (you don't say) and how he was hurt and gutted to be alienated from his kids. (First) marriage ended......then he goes on about how his job choice lifestyle hit him hard when the kids from his second marriage started to tell him that he was an antisocial pain in the *rse.

Also...I don't like to see my R & R heroes shambling around a stage trying to sing his old songs with a voice that couldn't reach the higher range. Ozzy....luv ya mate.....but will stick with my early Sabbath vinyl albums. (You younger chappies, ask mum/dad what a vinyl album is/was).

I watched it. Same old, same old really (though I did enjoy it).

The documentary before about Paranoid was really excellent though. In fact BBC4 often has excellent musical documentaries on a Friday.

Back
Top Bottom