Do you spin?

I think you're right about it being 'the latest fad'. My CFO claims that not only does it de-stress him but that it also helps him with building dexterity in his troubled hand.
I did ask if he couldn't simply spin a pen for 50 cents but was told to close the door from the outside

I did try his metal spinner and I have to say it was pretty fun/interesting. The bearings makes these thing really take off. I found myself starting and stopping it a lot though so I don't think the 5-6 mins spin times would matter much to me.

As fun as it might seem to get one of the fancy metal ones for $100+ I share your fears that it would be something that would end up in my drawer after the novelty wears off. If I would stumble across a nice one for say $10-20 then maybe I would get one for fun. Spending $600+ (in some cases $1000) for a high end spinner seems insane to me but what do I know... the people on the spinning forums might very well think that we are all nuts

Yes I totally agree with your last comment and maybe we are as mad as the spinners!

Yes I totally agree with your last comment and maybe we are as mad as the spinners!

It worries me that I know this now - but every day, more or less, around noon EST Fidgetcraft releases a batch of his 3D printed spinners and they sell out like Hawk razors I believe they are around $15 and are seen as the 'plastic torqbars' as he apparently managed to get the balance of these spinners just right. I believe he has now sold over 1,000 of them.

I'm tempted to pick one up these days as he's a college kid, the design is simple and the price is on the low end
I really don't know.

For $15 it is not going to break the bank or be seen as crazy money... Go for it

Ok, it's apparent that my Paypal account needs to be taken away from me...

FidgetCraft JUST now dropped another batch of their spinners...and I picked up a black one with the more expensive ceramic bearings...sigh.
With shipping it came out to $28

This one - that shows the ceramic bearing spinning as well.

Quite the difference to the steel bearing one.

The way I rationalized it (bear with me) was that I keep 'twirling' my iPhone in my hand as I walk...if I can spin this instead as I walk I might save myself from dropping an expensive phone

Last edited:
Makes perfect sense, well rationalised , shit I may buy one myself!

Makes perfect sense, well rationalised , shit I may buy one myself!
Lol too funny.
The one I got does ship to the UK but, ugh, it's $12 shipping which is almost the price of the product. Apparently he makes 20 a day and put them up at the same time. I felt good buying one from him as according to 'those in the know' he does the best low-cost/plastic one and he's in school (and I remember being in Uni and living on potato and ramen for months ).

I'll let you know how it works out when I get it next week ;-)
I told a female friend about it and I could quite literally see her eyes glazing over before she uttered one single word:
"Why?"

(Rationalizing a purchase is something we wetshavers excel at).

True, too true!