Do you care where your bristles come from

Apart from a small supply from Finland/Russia, the vast majority is Chinese. Badgers are classed as pests to farmers and are culled - I don't see any ethical difference in using badger hair than I do in wearing leather.

Agree. I mainly use badger brushes. I have a couple of excellent boars (and a nice mixture) and used a synthetic (yet now they must be really better)... but for me there's nothing nicer than a soft badger brush. Backbone, gel-like tips... Luxurious.

What brush do you use?

Ha! I thought you'd never stop. I was like following link after link! WOW!! So many brushes! I like the Muhle better though.

Last edited:
Ha! I thought you'd never stop. I was like following link after link! WOW!! So many brushed! I like the Muhle better though.
I've got one more brush, a Semogue 620, that came for free with something else I bought, but can't remember what is was, but I don't get along with it at all (yet). And I have a Wilkinson Sword El-cheapo brush that I wanted to throw away until I discovered it's only use: tickling the cat. That's it. All my brushes. There are people on this forum who buy more brushes in a week.
The Wilkinson is 10 years old or so. I bought 4 brushes in 2 years and got two for free. I wouldn't consider myself a brush hoarder... Now over to @Bechet for a similar comprehensive list of brushes. Carl, can you top 7 brushes?

Last edited:
Now over to @Bechet for a similar comprehensive list of brushes. Carl, can you top 7 brushes?
Strangely enough, just last evening I found myself standing in my bathroom scratching my arse and thought I'd be better employed counting my brushes. Do you really want a list? From 1 to 141? I noticed another one this morning. 142. I was amazed I'm not way over 150! Frigging insanity - but a lovely choice each day. I can't think that I have any more incoming but have one in the pipeline with Gecko and one or two with Nishy's next GB. I think/hope I'll be cured after those! Ha! frigging Ha!

You will be needing a Badger Groomer next ...

Billy

I have a travel cheap badger brush which works well, but not better than my semogue boar 1305, so I will not buy badger again.

I don't know if I should answer this because I have to admit that I am a total and absolute hypocrite.

The answer is I do care, but I also like my boar and badger brushes. And I like bacon sandwiches, roast beef, leather shoes and wooden furniture.

I've probably said enough now...