Do you agree with this statement...?

I'm a subscriber to the Executive Shaving newsletter and was intrigued by this week's email which included the following:
The Feather Safety Razor is the very best traditional, double-edged safety razor you can buy today.
I've never tried a Feather razor so I can't say either way, but I would be interested in others' opinions on this. What do you think is the best DE safety razor that money can buy?

I saw that also. I've personally never used one so can't comment. Users of Karve razors will claim that it the best. However, this thread from a few days ago also suggested the feather AS2.

I wouldn't stick my neck out and say it's the best DE razor money could buy but it is a fantastic razor, I have one (AS-D2) and with a feather blade or a Souplex blade which I use it gives me perfect shaves every time., it is also a very well made razor and looks fantastic. I also have the Feather WS-D2 which i prefer for its looks, longer handle and lighter weight but you won't go far wrong in buying the Feather AS-D2, highly recommend . P.

I have both the Feather and the Karve, I wouldn't get rid of either one, both very good razors. P.

Totally agree with Blademonkey on this one. I have had and sold multiple AS-D2 and one WS-D1 and have regreted it every time is was without one.

I have both the Feather and the Karve, I wouldn't get rid of either one, both very good razors. P.
I had one and it was good. efficient and mild, i bought a Karve Stainless with C plate, i enjoyed it more and the AS-D2 was moved on, i have not regretted it, I was also lucky enough to get a PILS from BST, which i also preferred to the AS-D2.
I then got a Brass Karve with C plate. These 3 razors along with the REX will be my mainstay DE razors (Plus a Birth year slim, well you need a vintage DE).
The rest will more than likely follow the AS-D2.
YMMV of course.

My Feather AS-D2 is my second one, I sold my first one thinking it was too mild, I was wrong. It was down to my shaving tecnique ! I made the mistake of blaming the tool (razor) instead of looking closer to home!
As my shaving tecnique improved I missed the AS-D2 so brought another and this time I could get perfect shaves every time, if you find you can't shave with one it may not be the razor at fault it could be down to user error !!!! P.

I would have thought that “best” was a very subjective judgement when it comes to a performance related piece of kit. It's one thing to make a claim which is based on fact, ie “this razor is made of finest grade precious metal” (if it were), however “best” is a descriptor I'd think would be difficult to define in terms of the Trades Description Act.

JohnnyO. o/.

Can i ask (whilst you are all gathered here) if the Feather AS razors are markedly different in use to the Feather Popular ?

I ask because i so desperately wanted to love the Feather Popular when i bought it, after reading so many rave reviews, but i find it quite difficult to find the correct angle, because of the plastic safety bars which seem to get in the way a bit. It seems to require quite a steep angle to get a consistent close shave.

Which is a pity, because the Feather Popular is a lovely little budget razor, in terms of design and engineering.

I do really like a mild razor (like my go-to Merkur 20c) and have always been half-minded to splashing the cash on a well engineered razor of premium materials, like the Feather AS range