Display holder for a pocket watch

Hi all, random question. As part of my inheritance from my Nan I am getting my great grandads silver pocket watch that he had with him all through ww1. We are getting it all cleaned up and repaired but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can use it/display it on my desk as a clock? Thinking something that suspends it from the chain or something that can display that as well.

I'd have a look through your local trading estate/industrial parks for a small joinery workshop or a cabinet makers or furniture restorer should be able to sort you out unless anyone on here is one

I'd be inclined to look for an old pocket watch stand, usually they were made in porcelain or china...they were used for just the purpose you describe......So the pocket watch could be used as a bedside clock....

Its possible you might pick one up cheaply, as not many people nowadays will know what they were actually used for..Try typing pocket watch stand on Ebay, see what turns up....

I'd love to see pictures when it's all done. I love pocket watches and something with that sort of family pedigree must be truly wonderful to own. Glad you're having it restored.

:D

I feel very lucky to have it! Just waiting on getting the other gotta razor he had that he passed on to my grandad and then getting them both cleaned. Hoping the 2nd one may be more usable.

Back
Top Bottom