Disinfecting a synthetic brush

Hi, what's the best way to disinfect a synthetic brush? Soak in watered down Detol or Milton fluid or similar disinfectant?

Hi, what's the best way to disinfect a synthetic brush? Soak in watered down Detol or Milton fluid or similar disinfectant?
This is how i do mine when required.

1. Rinse your shaving brush under lukewarm water to ensure it is fully soaked.
  2. Gently clean the brush in your hand with a drop of washing-up liquid.
  3. Allow your the brush to soak in a glass of clean water for a few minutes then rinse thoroughly under a running tap.
  4. Leave your shaving brush to soak once more for a few minutes, in equal parts of white vinegar and water.
  5. Thoroughly rinse again in running water and if necessary, repeat steps 2-3 to remove any white vinegar.
  6. One last rinse in clean water and then leave your brush in its stand to air dry thoroughly.
  7. PS: I don't use the white vinegar each time only when it's got a build up of soap residue.

This will fix all problems with synthetic brushes, guaranteed! (y)

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks. It's not really a soap build-up issue. I went to the capital to watch a well known sporting event. I stayed in an Victorian 5 star hotel, sadly not a famous one. When I awoke for 4am comfort break there was a silverfish in a top hat and tails dancing on my shaving gear....

Thanks. It's not really a soap build-up issue. I went to the capital to watch a well known sporting event. I stayed in an Victorian 5 star hotel, sadly not a famous one. When I awoke for 4am comfort break there was a silverfish in a top hat and tails dancing on my shaving gear....
In that case an anti bacterial washing up liquid will be ideal... Or you could try the @TobyC method.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom