Digging out the hard shaving soap

I'm never keen on getting shaving puck wet so I scrape off some soap and place on ceramic bowl, then lather up with brush...
Is this a known thing?
Saves having to dry out the soap.

I load directly from the tub, and wipe off any residual lather with tissue paper and put the lid back on.
I've never experienced any detrimental effect on the soaps (some of which I've had for 5 years or more)
What I will say is that scraping off a little soap to bowl lather is like using samples, and you don't always get the best from this method.
To 'air' or 'not to air' has been the subject of many a discussion on the forums.
Personally, I think airing the open soap for 24 hours after loading from it is for people who worry too much.
What ever works best for you is best.

Never had any issues with loading direct from the tub - tricky to work out how much to scrape off compared with just swirling the brush a few times.

Not an issue for me to leave the tub open for a few hours until the surface is dry and then put away again.

Never had any issues with loading direct from the tub - tricky to work out how much to scrape off compared with just swirling the brush a few times.

Not an issue for me to leave the tub open for a few hours until the surface is dry and then put away again.
I do the same mate. I know a lot of people like scooping their soaps and creams, but I’m sure I’d end up scooping out too much and using way more soap than I use now! Leaving it to dry for a while seems sensible and is what I’ve always done.

People who scoop are those who might choose to sell their soap later. Myself, I load off the puck. I bought it, I'll use it.

...unless SWMBO doesn't like it. Then I'll only use it on days when she's not around.

Back
Top Bottom