Derby Extra

Picked up some new Derby Extra today. I have never cut myself more using them. Are they a sharper blade than the 5 I received when I bought my Merkur 34C? I am relatively new to the shaving forum. Been shaving forever with the MachIII.

Nope they aren't sharper.

Most people will agree that the problem with Derby blades is consistancy, some may even say that hardly 2 of their blades are the same.

Well...I figure if a blade goes 2 uses for me as I go 4-5 passes for super BBS (hehe)..with NO tugging/scraping..im good!...so far I think I like Gillette Yellow 7o clock..Gillette Bleue Blades/Dorko Platinum..but I also still trying others

B

I'll have to figure out something, either razor/blade combo or perhaps I was being to aggressive but whatever it is, I don't think my face can take another shave like the last one! Thanks for the tips.

34C with a shark works pretty well for me, however I've been having a run of luck with loads of blades in my 34C.

Good combos for starters I'd suggest a 34C with either a Crystal (or tesco/boots on brand blades), a Red Personna and Astras.

I must admit that derby blades are far more consistent and smoother than you're regular offline blades such as those availabe at tesco(blank personnas),I began my DE journey with a derby blade and never had problems,the reason why I moved to other blades was because I wanted to get that 10% extra stubble knocked out.

Remember DE blades are all about personal preference,get a sample pack and decide from there,everything comes with experience

Personally I have had a few months of swapping between Derby Extras and Astras. The Derby quality has been fine (although I am using a Gillette Tech so relatively mild shave with any blade rough or not).

Back
Top Bottom