Denali adjustable razor

I had an email yesterday from an Italian shaving supplies company, who have the Denali adjustable razor for sale. This is very similar in looks to the Rex adjustable, but more expensive. The link is here for anyone interested, but the website is in Italian, so you may need a translation application in your browser.

Denali adjustable

Edit:
Cost-wise, the Rex, from Connaught, is £210 including VAT. The Denali, in euros, is the equivalent of £220 approximately, which apparently also includes VAT. I'm not sure how that might play out when bringing one into the UK.

Last edited:
Apparently it was initially designed with Matt and the Rex ambassador team as a joint project but split as they had different ideas on where the final design should go. Apparently it’s a milder smoother version and is in my list!

Just in case the Ambassador wasn't expensive enough!
I wanted one till I saw the price. To be fair I do still, but just too much for me, not saying that it's not worth it if you do have the dosh. I think buying the Slim scratched my adjustable itch.

I do like the way they've got the blade locating lugs on the base rather than on the top cap like the Pearl Flexi. Should make loading a bit smoother. Nice razor.

Reactions: ATG
Just in case the Ambassador wasn't expensive enough!
I wanted one till I saw the price. To be fair I do still, but just too much for me, not saying that it's not worth it if you do have the dosh. I think buying the Slim scratched my adjustable itch.

I do like the way they've got the blade locating lugs on the base rather than on the top cap like the Pearl Flexi. Should make loading a bit smoother. Nice razor.
I've got several adjustables (Progress, Digress, Mergress, Slim, Fatboy, Black Beauty, Rex, Pearl and my pet hate Futur), and my current favourite is the Pearl. So far, I've withstood being seduced by a Sailor and tempted by a Tatara. Taigas are out of bounds at the moment.

Interesting. There is a lot to like about the Pearl but if I had bought the Slim first I would have stopped there. To be fair I have hardly used the Pearl because it arrived at a similar time to the Fatboy, and I sometimes had the feeling the matt finish made the Pearl feel 'sticky' but I have not heard that from anyone else so maybe it's just me?

Interesting. There is a lot to like about the Pearl but if I had bought the Slim first I would have stopped there. To be fair I have hardly used the Pearl because it arrived at a similar time to the Fatboy, and I sometimes had the feeling the matt finish made the Pearl feel 'sticky' but I have not heard that from anyone else so maybe it's just me?
I've had a few razors which I thought could do with a mirror finish on the top cap, like my Kickstarter Blackbird, and did this myself with micromesh and polishing compounds.

I was on the point of laying into the Pearl, until I remembered that it's chromed brass. A two-tone razor isn't on my wish list.

Back
Top Bottom