Davidoff Hot Water - Any Good?

The vintage Cool Water was a watershed fragrance that heralded the Aquatic Age. The current version by Coty is a mere shadow of the vintage.
This is very true. A lot of modern formulations of older fragrances do seem weaker, and almost as if they have been watered-down. Cool Water used to be quite a potent fragrance before, but now that is no longer the case. I had to keep having extra sprays when I bought my last bottle, but even then hardly anyone knew I was wearing it. Like so many others, it has fallen victim to new EU rules regarding the use of certain ingredients. A lot of fragrances have suffered the same fate, and will never be the same again. The EU has ruined the fragrance industry.

This is very true. A lot of modern formulations of older fragrances do seem weaker, and almost as if they have been watered-down. Cool Water used to be quite a potent fragrance before, but now that is no longer the case. I had to keep having extra sprays when I bought my last bottle, but even then hardly anyone knew I was wearing it. Like so many others, it has fallen victim to new EU rules regarding the use of certain ingredients. A lot of fragrances have suffered the same fate, and will never be the same again. The EU has ruined the fragrance industry.
This is why I prefer Edp's over Edt's , stronger, lasts longer! More bang for your buck!

Paul.

All the current versions of anything are mere shadows of the vintage stuff!
Tis a shame but that's how it is! :)

Paul.
Very true. This has happened to many fragrances since the EU changed their rules about the use of certain ingredients in fragrances. Cool Water, Aramis, Dior Fahrenheit and Paco Rabanne Pour Homme are all older fragrances, among others, that have been completely ruined by these new guidelines. There are many others too. A lot of older fragrances have been ruined, merely by being re-formulated with alternative or cheaper ingredients. I think the key to getting around these new rules is to try to stick to newer fragrances that don't use these controversial ingredients and haven't been re-formulated as a result. That is what I am certainly going to try to do from now on.

Very true. This has happened to many fragrances since the EU changed their rules about the use of certain ingredients in fragrances. Cool Water, Aramis, Dior Fahrenheit and Paco Rabanne Pour Homme are all older fragrances, among others, that have been completely ruined by these new guidelines. There are many others too. A lot of older fragrances have been ruined, merely by being re-formulated with alternative or cheaper ingredients. I think the key to getting around these new rules is to try to stick to newer fragrances that don't use these controversial ingredients and haven't been re-formulated as a result. That is what I am certainly going to try to do from now on.
You should produce a list of frags that are still the same as they were years ago!

Tipo!

Paul.

This is why I prefer Edp's over Edt's , stronger, lasts longer!

Paul.
This is usually the case, but there are exceptions. For example, Armani Code Profumo, which I believe is an EDP. I had a bottle of that, but that didn't seem much more stronger or longer-lasting than most standard EDTs. So, you are right, but it isn't always true that an EDP is guaranteed to be stronger and have more longevity. I think it ultimately depends on whether the EDP is any "good" or not.

This is usually the case, but there are exceptions. For example, Armani Code Profumo, which I believe is an EDP. I had a bottle of that, but that didn't seem much more stronger or longer-lasting than most standard EDTs. So, you are right, but it isn't always true that an EDP is guaranteed to be stronger and have more longevity. I think it ultimately depends on whether the EDP is any "good" or not.
There is always an exception to the rule, granted but most of the good Edp's still have projection and staying power.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom