Czech In The Mail

A great shave with the Tiger today. Unsurprisingly, the correct alignment helped considerably! I thought the blade might struggle on the first pass with 2 days growth but it quickly smoothed out and the the their pass (ATG) was effortless. Rocking a face feeler finish now.

Logically I should now see how long this blade lasts but I've chucked it so I can give the Tatra a go next (locked, aligned and loaded in the Progress!).

A great shave with the Tiger today. Unsurprisingly, the correct alignment helped considerably! I thought the blade might struggle on the first pass with 2 days growth but it quickly smoothed out and the the their pass (ATG) was effortless. Rocking a face feeler finish now.

Logically I should now see how long this blade lasts but I've chucked it so I can give the Tatra a go next (locked, aligned and loaded in the Progress!).
Be interested on your thoughts on the Tatra, Chris.

After 1 day, I switched the Tiger blade into an ATT SB "R", and it produced an excellent 2-pass shave (with Wickham's Shangri La). The Tiger is a very noisy blade, which I guess may be in part down to its thinness. All in all, and speaking personally, the Tiger beats the Tara hands-down, but both need a little more attention than some of my other favourite blades.

Next up will be another Tiger in a RazoRock V4 aluminium Stealth slant, which should be a good test of how it performs in a lightweight slant.

First outing with the Tatra today: SOTD

First pass was smooth but the blade struggled a bit on the third (ATG) pass. The alignment in the Progress was definitely correct so I can rule that out. The true test will be 48 hours growth on Sunday's shave.

NB: you'll find nothing useful on my SOTD link - just some sub-average amateurish photography by me!

Today's shave (SOTD) has continued the use of these Czech blades in the Progress. The second shave with the Tatra was acceptable and I have a smooth finish. Based on my (admittedly limited) experience with these blades, I'm swaying towards the Tiger as my preferred blade of the two as it felt slightly sharper and smoother.

I'll give them both another run in a different razor in a few weeks and report back.

Off topic but I love the Merkur Progress!

Today's shave (SOTD) has continued the use of these Czech blades in the Progress. The second shave with the Tatra was acceptable and I have a smooth finish. Based on my (admittedly limited) experience with these blades, I'm swaying towards the Tiger as my preferred blade of the two as it felt slightly sharper and smoother.

I'll give them both another run in a different razor in a few weeks and report back.

Off topic but I love the Merkur Progress!

Ive never tried any adjustable razor but there is a Merkur progress currently for auction on ebay...

So another shave with the Tatra this morning, at least 5 if not 6 outings, and it's actually improving!
This is beyond the point when I would have swapped out an Astra.
I wonder if there is some coating on the blade that meant the first outings didn't agree with me?
Will keep using and see.

...I wonder if there is some coating on the blade that meant the first outings didn't agree with me?
Will keep using and see.

ALL stainless blades are coated, lest we be not able to use them for shaving. It's the coating + the hardened edge that imparts the smoothness.

ALL stainless blades are coated, lest we be not able to use them for shaving. It's the coating + the hardened edge that imparts the smoothness.
Thanks Bogeyman.
I'm loving this forum. You and many others very knowledgeable and happy to share with the newbies amongst us.
So what's happening to my blade?
Am I wearing down the coating?
Thanks in advance
Paul

After trying a sample pack I have just ordered enough Tiger Platinums to see me through to the next year!
Great combination with the GameChanger .68

Back
Top Bottom