Customised Easter Eggs at Thorntons

Just a quick heads up.

Thorntons can 'ice on' a name onto the majority of the Easter Eggs they sell. I got the 2 for £5 one's as I'm skint plus I'm getting 'em for people on SWMBO side of the family :mrgreen:

Some branches will do them on the spot (off-peak times: mornings and before closing) and some will take payment and ask you to come back to collect in an hour or two.

Is it just me or has the price of choc eggs really shot up? I remember paying only a quid or 2 for a nice big one last year. Oh well, gotta keep her happy.

I picked some up from my local supermarket - £3 each with a mug included :D

I really love the Easter egg mug combo, something I remember from my childhood that disappeared for decades and has recently made a welcome return.

Obviously it's not Thornton's chocolate - but beggars can't be choosers!

The eggs at my local supermarkets were all on 2 for £8 for a little egg + same name small bar of chocolate.
I needed like 6. 'Forget that' I thought.

Luckily, on way home y'day I was passing by Thorntons and saw a crowd gathering. Thought I'd check out what the fuss was about. I hope I have got the spelling of all of SWMBO's relatives correct :mrgreen:

Don't eat much choc as I caned a lot as a kid.

I did like The CO-OPs Dark chocolate (not very dark, I think it's 50 or 60%). It says something like "in partnerhsip with our 5 year fair-trade deal with so and so farmers. Very creamy! Mmmmmmm.

Yea the mug/egg combo is definitely a childhood memory.

The one I always think about was, dont you just with they made the Creme Egg easter egg with the fondant inside ;)

andyjreid said:
Yea the mug/egg combo is definitely a childhood memory.

The one I always think about was, dont you just with they made the Creme Egg easter egg with the fondant inside ;)

I've thought of that too, imagine how messay it would be and the sugar rush.. Thinking about it has made me really want one :)

Back
Top Bottom