Customer Service Advice Needed........

I’m pretty sure he was a member of this forum at one stage But does not seem to be on the members list now.
He still shows up on the list of members, having joined in 2011, but his last seen date is 11 January 2018. It’s a shame that he’s not backing his product. Over my +50 years of shaving Simpson brushes have been my “sentimental favourites”, but that relates more to the pre-Vulfix days and the move of operations from England to the Isle of Man. I note that the company name has been changed too, from the eponymous Simpson to Simpsons; sans apostrophe to add insult to injury. I’m sure Alexander Simpson would be turning in his grave. I wonder how Gary Young is feeling about this.

He still shows up on the list of members, having joined in 2011, but his last seen date is 11 January 2018. It’s a shame that he’s not backing his product. Over my +50 years of shaving Simpson brushes have been my “sentimental favourites”, but that relates more to the pre-Vulfix days and the move of operations from England to the Isle of Man. I note that the company name has been changed too, from the eponymous Simpson to Simpsons; sans apostrophe to add insult to injury. I’m sure Alexander Simpson would be turning in his grave. I wonder how Gary Young is feeling about this.

Last I heard (pre Covid) Gary was planning to launch his own brush business, handles turned by hand and knots hand tied all by himself.

Very poor customer service. Unfortunately this seems to be the way Simpsons treats their customers. These stories of their rigid adherence to their stated policies is not good for their once great reputation. One wonders if they are in financial straights? They seem to be losing a lot of customers with this policy. Obviously you are being honest and truthful about the circumstances, and I feel bad for you. Purchasers of these expensive brushes deserve better!

I’ve just sent this to Simpsons via the contact section of their website.

I’ve just read a thread on ‘theshavingroom’ forum where your company has refused to replace a brush with an obvious manufacturing fault. I don’t think this reflects well on your business so this is my personal protest - I will not consider buying a Simpsons brush unless you have a change of hear.

I intend to let others know that I’ve contacted you and encourage them to do the same.

In my experience, making lots of noise on Facebook, Twitter, etc is usually effective in stirring big companies into action. They hate being shown up publicly. I see that Simpsons do have a Facebook page, fill your boots!

Last edited:
The most I’ve ever paid for a brush was from a British based Artisan , it was a present from the Mother in Law one Christmas .
I didn’t use it for several months , when I did it shed hairs , a dozen or so , it still does several years later , I rarely if ever use it now , biggest disappointment in my wet shaving journey .
The Artisan concerned has a great reputation , but , because of the fact that I hadn’t used it for several months and my thinking was that it would settle down I never contacted the vendor to rectify the matter .

The most I’ve ever paid for a brush was from a British based Artisan , it was a present from the Mother in Law one Christmas .
I didn’t use it for several months , when I did it shed hairs , a dozen or so , it still does several years later , I rarely if ever use it now , biggest disappointment in my wet shaving journey .
The Artisan concerned has a great reputation , but , because of the fact that I hadn’t used it for several months and my thinking was that it would settle down I never contacted the vendor to rectify the matter .
if you have a nice brush get it re knotted

Back
Top Bottom