Customer Service Advice Needed........

From looking at the picture it does look as if the resin is thicker either side of the crack, this may well not be the case but if it is there is a fault that was present at the time of manufacturing.
If this is the case you have the right for a refund or replacement regardless of when it was brought.

Paul.

I'm in agreement.

I've had boar brushes which from over soaking has lead to the plastic around the knot cracking, but I presume it shouldn't be the case for badgers? It looks like it was an issue with the resin.

It seems like terrible service from Simpson and it seems they take little pride in sending out a product like the one the OP received.

I think you should shout and make a big noise about this on Facebook Twitter Instagram and any other public platform you have access to and hope that they will start to play ball if only to get you to shut up and go away.
These companies don't like bad publicity and may fold if they think you're not the kind of person to go away with your tail between your legs.
It's got to be worth a try.

I hope you get the result you are looking for.

Paul.
agreed and also try and email higher up in the company rather than the customer service rep.
Normally CEO’s / Directors can be found from company house or some other governing body

An old frend Had a new pair of shoes that he never used had them for years, one day he discovered them still in the box but the soles had rotted away, he contacted the company and they agreed to re sole them for free, we all called him a tight barstard, but he just laughed us off, so they can do it if they can be bothered.

Around the time I was mainly buying Fido's superb New Forest brushes, I bought a Simpson's. A lot more expensive, but very poor quality. It shed more hair than my terrier in moult.

Obviously no consolation for the OP, but I learnt a lot about trusting supposedly premium brands, who often seem unwilling to stand by their deluxe products.

Well, I had been tossing up whether to get a Simpson or PAA. I kind of like both the fun and the trad look. I'm relieved o went PAA now (although it's still in the post). Has certainly put me off trying one in future, although obviously there are many in service with no issues. It's a shame, suppose they have 99% excellent products, but throw the unlucky buyer of the bad one under the bus, and get lots of bad publicity on shave forums as a result.

An old frend Had a new pair of shoes that he never used had them for years, one day he discovered them still in the box but the soles had rotted away, he contacted the company and they agreed to re sole them for free, we all called him a tight barstard, but he just laughed us off, so they can do it if they can be bothered.
The story of those shoes goes like this......

we arrive at Bisley (yes the shooting grounds to do some pistol shooting) and we see our mate with these shoes on, light brown things from 1981 (the year was 2006 at the time) and we started on him within 30 seconds with comments like “nice shoes, charity shop?“ “Nah there his dads from the 1700’s“ the ribbing went on for around 5 minutes or so...... then he told us the story grinning like a Cheshire Cat. Someone amusingly said he was a tight cunt and he wouldn’t have the front to of asked in the first place.

Strikes me this is very poor behaviour from Simspons. That brush was clearly not fit for purpose, regardless of the warranty period, and should have been replaced from a legal point of view, let alone a moral one. It's not worth pursuing, of course, but hopefully a few people will read this and take note.

agreed and also try and email higher up in the company rather than the customer service rep.
Normally CEO’s / Directors can be found from company house or some other governing body
Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.36.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-07 at 10.26.33 AM.png
As you can see, not a man of his word despite being the MD and sadly a reflection of poor customer service, not even meeting legal requirements of durability, never mind setting a good example!

Back
Top Bottom