Customer Service Advice Needed........

A long long time ago in a land far away, I purchased a Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger, when it arrived I carefully stored it away for use when my trusty Semogue died - well the Semogue lives on, however, I returned to the mother land and have just started using the Chubby, to my disdain it has split, and guess what, Simpson aren't really interested - what has happened to customer service? it's out of warranty, what about durability? the Semogue has been going great at less than half the price, is this typical of Simpson? take the money, forget the service.......any ideas would be greatly accepted - opinion too, durability is a real expectation when you invest so much into an article1017ECD5-7A9F-482F-B231-E3772786EE20.jpeg

I can understand your dilemma
infact even if you were using it you wouldn’t expect it to crack that quick.

i try not to criticise things to much as it just eats away at me and i get annoyed or angry.

3 years is a long time to have it & not use it.
what conditions was it stored in ?

on reflection it does make me think if you start using it is it going to get worse

I can understand your dilemma
infact even if you were using it you wouldn’t expect it to crack that quick.

i try not to criticise things to much as it just eats away at me and i get annoyed or angry.

3 years is a long time to have it & not use it.
what conditions was it stored in ?

on reflection it does make me think if you start using it is it going to get worse
Mike, it was kept in its box in the tissue wrapper in a drawer in my dressing room, purchased originally to replace an old Semogue - you know when you want something but don't actually need it! the Semogue is still going strong, my faith in the UK customer service ethos has sadly gone since returning from many years overseas, where's my passport! what is also sad is the response from the MD, quite the opposite of his words previously ' quote:Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.36.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-07 at 10.26.33 AM.png

Last edited:
A long long time ago in a land far away, I purchased a Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger, when it arrived I carefully stored it away for use when my trusty Semogue died - well the Semogue lives on, however, I returned to the mother land and have just started using the Chubby, to my disdain it has split, and guess what, Simpson aren't really interested - what has happened to customer service? it's out of warranty, what about durability? the Semogue has been going great at less than half the price, is this typical of Simpson? take the money, forget the service.......any ideas would be greatly accepted - opinion too, durability is a real expectation when you invest so much into an articleView attachment 73099
From looking at the picture it does look as if the resin is thicker either side of the crack, this may well not be the case but if it is there is a fault that was present at the time of manufacturing.
If this is the case you have the right for a refund or replacement regardless of when it was brought.

Paul.

Mike, it was kept in its box in the tissue wrapper in a drawer in my dressing room, purchased originally to replace an old Semogue - you know when you want something but don't actually need it! the Semogue is still going strong, my faith in the UK customer service ethos has sadly gone since returning from many years overseas, where's my passport! what is also sad is the response from the MD, quite the opposite of his words previously ' quote:View attachment 73106View attachment 73107
looks like you’ve got a nightmare scenario on your hands.
Quite clearly Simpson’s are not willing to deal with you.

i know under British law whether it’s out of warranty or not the product still must be fit for purpose and your rights stand well out of warranty however i very much doubt on this occasion you’ll get anywhere as it would cost you more money that’s it’s worth

Personally, I don’t think this reflects well on the Simpsons brand - they should be prepared to take a hit every now and again despite the warranty position. The margins on their brushes - I assume - are big enough to cover situations like this, and it would be nice to think that they accept a customer’s explanation that there was no accidental damage.

However, if they are not inclined to help you could carry out a simple repair that should stop any further damage. Mix up a little two part clear epoxy and fill the crack - wait a day or so until completely cured then sand down with wet and dry paper. If you have a DreMel type tool you can get small polishing mops and polishing compound. Additionally, you could mix some of the same colour acrylic into the epoxy, taken from the bottom of the brush where it will not be missed. Looking at the photo, when the brush has bloomed it will probably cover most of the problem area.

A long long time ago in a land far away, I purchased a Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger, when it arrived I carefully stored it away for use when my trusty Semogue died - well the Semogue lives on, however, I returned to the mother land and have just started using the Chubby, to my disdain it has split, and guess what, Simpson aren't really interested - what has happened to customer service? it's out of warranty, what about durability? the Semogue has been going great at less than half the price, is this typical of Simpson? take the money, forget the service.......any ideas would be greatly accepted - opinion too, durability is a real expectation when you invest so much into an articleView attachment 73099
You bought an expensive brand name, their brushes are just brushes. They fooled you once, don't let them fool you twice.

Last edited:
From looking at the picture it does look as if the resin is thicker either side of the crack, this may well not be the case but if it is there is a fault that was present at the time of manufacturing.
If this is the case you have the right for a refund or replacement regardless of when it was brought.

Paul.
yes Paul, you are correct, both fit for purpose and durability come to the fore, sadly the MD should be a politician as his behaviour seems to reflect a bad one, when in the public forum promise a great service;
Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.36.26 AM.png
When actually tasked to deliver;
Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 10.26.33 AM.png
Sadly I have been duped although, even the Manx government state durability is a non-negotiable deliverable from traders!

Perhaps a few more forums can advise!

yes Paul, you are correct, both fit for purpose and durability come to the fore, sadly the MD should be a politician as his behaviour seems to reflect a bad one, when in the public forum promise a great service;
View attachment 73130
When actually tasked to deliver;
View attachment 73131
Sadly I have been duped although, even the Manx government state durability is a non-negotiable deliverable from traders!

Perhaps a few more forums can advise!
I think you should shout and make a big noise about this on Facebook Twitter Instagram and any other public platform you have access to and hope that they will start to play ball if only to get you to shut up and go away.
These companies don't like bad publicity and may fold if they think you're not the kind of person to go away with your tail between your legs.
It's got to be worth a try.

I hope you get the result you are looking for.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom