Culmak Soap (Dish & Refill) - Newtown St. Boswells Pharmacy

Title says most of it... just passing through Newtown St. Boswells this morning, spotted the pharmacy open (usually it's shut when I pass by - or I use the bypass), popped in.

Only item of interest was a Culmak Soap (in Bowl) for £5.09 and a refill for £3.58.

Anyone interested that can't/won't get to NSB, I could acquire on your behalf.

hunnymonster said:
No idea - with 80+ soaps on hand, I've not got one nor did I feel that the increased risk to my hawmaws inherent in the acquisition was justified.

There was a thread here a while back...

Hawmaws...? I am assuming that is a body part and the increased risk would be due to a wife inflicted injury? :D

AJP said:
Hawmaws...? I am assuming that is a body part and the increased risk would be due to a wife inflicted injury? :D

Enquire of your Caledonian colleagues... I'm sure they'll know what hawmaws are... and yes an SWMBO-inflicted injury - of course if I can demonstrate that it's for someone else, only light bruising would be sustained.

By all accounts the soap is good, was it a "Culmak" bowl or a generic one used for the purposes of packaging it? Just curious as I have never seen it sold in a bowl. My local pharmacy has the refills for the same price but no bowl.

Edit- Seen it on Amazon, strange plastic looking bowl thing, but apparently soap is good.

Audiolab said:
By all accounts the soap is good, was it a "Culmak2 bowl or a generic one used for the purposes of packaging it? Just curious as I have never seen it sold in a bowl. My local pharmacy has the refils for the same price but no bowl.

I only sneaked a quick peek at it - but I think it looks like a black plastic dish (think Proraso soap kind of plastic, or Boots Freshwood soap). Didn't get a chance to take it out for a look before the assistant took a close interest in what I was after.

Back
Top Bottom