Culmak Senior

I have just bought this brush and am trying to figure out when it was produced. It's marked Culmak Senior. It's made of "Pure natural bristle", (what bristle I don't know ??) and that is all I know about it other than it is unused.
Any of you brush experts can cast any light on this I would be grateful please.

Attachments

• DSCI0101.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 180
Fido said:
http://www.culmak.co.uk/

Send them an email!

And Fido I thought if anyone on here would be the one to know it would be you.............. :cool: :cool:
Did try ringing them this afternoon but got no answer, maybe e-mail is the best route.

last three i got were in grooming sets and the razors were from late sixties to early seventies, so it gives you an idea.

i use one like this as a travel brush as they fit perfectly in the little chrome tubes, nice little brushes !

sunburyboy93 said:
last three i got were in grooming sets and the razors were from late sixties to early seventies, so it gives you an idea.

i use one like this as a travel brush as they fit perfectly in the little chrome tubes, nice little brushes !

Now all that I need is a nice little chrome tube...........hint hint........ :cool: :cool:

missingskin said:
sunburyboy93 said:

Now all that I need is a nice little chrome tube...........hint hint........ :cool: :cool:

You are lucky, i found two earlier this week when going through my stuff, PM me your address :D

It's no good, I just cannot help myself after seeing this:

"Prices include VAT @17.5% and p & p within the UK mainland.To purchase any of these items please send a cheque made out to The Culmak Shaving Brush Company Ltd, 7 Partnership House, Withambrook Industrial Park, Londonthorpe Lane, Grantham, Lincs, NG31 9ST."

So a good old fashioned cheque is on it's way for £4.99 for this one:

Culmak Viscount Badger Effect Bristle Shaving Brush

It's their most expensive brush, but hang the expense.

Fido said:
http://www.culmak.co.uk/

Send them an email!

Took your advise Fido and this is what came back...........

Hello Steve,
We do not have records or any employees going back further than 1995 and all I can tell you is that we have not made any senior brushes since 1995. However, we do recognise the brush, having one in our own 'old stock' cupboard.
Sorry not to be of more help.
Elaine Viney
Customer Service

Not a lot of help, but at least they answered........ :D

Fido said:
It's no good, I just cannot help myself after seeing this:

"Prices include VAT @17.5% and p & p within the UK mainland.To purchase any of these items please send a cheque made out to The Culmak Shaving Brush Company Ltd, 7 Partnership House, Withambrook Industrial Park, Londonthorpe Lane, Grantham, Lincs, NG31 9ST."

So a good old fashioned cheque is on it's way for £4.99 for this one:

Culmak Viscount Badger Effect Bristle Shaving Brush

It's their most expensive brush, but hang the expense.

Gots to have one of these!

Cheque's in the post.
N.

Brush arrived yesterday. It was neatly wrapped in brown paper with a hand written address.( I was surprised to see it wasn't tied with string and sealed with sealing wax!). Postage cost was £1:17p.

The brush was housed in a smart cardboard / celluloid box with care instructions on the reverse. Total height is 103mm and loft of 55mm approx. Bristles are quite firm and relatively odour free. The base of the black plastic handle has 'Made in Britain' on it.I doubt that applies to the bristles,though. Will try it out later and report back.

I wonder what Fido thought of his?

Back
Top Bottom