Creams for silvertip/shaving bowl use

OP
Fido
Used the Taylors of Bond Street Almond sample kindly sent to me by Boab today. Lovely creamy lather created by using my Kent Silvertip in a bowl. By the time it was on my face I could barely detect the Almond aroma. A great shave followed. I see why there is such enthusiam for these Taylor creams. Anyone care to suggest other more pungent aromas by Taylors that will linger as I shave?

OP
Fido
Sorry Pete, do you mean all Taylors scents are virtually undetectable or are you agreeing that they make good creams? Judging by your earlier post you are a Taylors fan so I suspect it's the latter.

They do a flavour called Mr Taylor. It would help if someone could try to describe the scent of the non self explanatory ones - Mr Taylor, St.James, Jermyn Street Collection, Eton College and Shaving Shop if memory serves.

OP
Fido
Tried a Jaggers Sandalwood cream sample sent to me by Boab. Pleasant but no match for Taylors of Bond Street Almond. There are subtle differences that might be due to inconsistent lathering so perhaps I didn't make the best of the Jaggers. Very personal this question of likes and dislikes. I'm beginning to realise the Taylors is better than I thought, the absence of a distinctive aroma certainly keeps after shave options open.

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
Fido I have been trying to find an almond soap/cream that lingers.I found the Taylor's was too subtle then we had he infamous CONUK P160 group buy (I will let you read about that in a different thread) Anyway the P160 soap is probably the strongest almond scent I have found so far.Really sweet marzipan and I love it, great shave too.Keep your eye out for a group buy of this stuff it is well worth it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.connaughtshaving.com/p160.html">http://www.connaughtshaving.com/p160.html</a><!-- m -->

Fido, I have a big tub of Mr Taylor cream, I will send you some when I work out what to put it in.
It lathers as well as the Almond, traditional, nice fresh/sporty cologne scent (50's Wimbledon esq) that lasts well post shave. Not as moisturising as almond but not drying either.
I don't use it that often as it will clash with further smellies. Good for an in a rush shave and smell nice in one stop.

C

Top Bottom