Creams for an American.

Morning gents,

So my girlfriend's uncle uses shaving cream, but lives in the US so can't get the creams we do.

He has Proraso, and I plan on taking him: boots normal, boots brushless, palmolive, erasmic and ingrams.

Please suggest any others I might be able to find cheaply. Also if I can find some of the more expensive creams cheaply I'll get him those too.

Thanks,

Dave

Trip to TKMaxx to see what they have of the 3Ts?

Don't forget there are two types of Ingrams - Blue (Brush) and Green (Brushless)

There's also Indian Old Spice (bit pricey compared to Palmolive etc) but still under a fiver a tube. Maybe worth a hazard of some cash on WARS, Lider (Active & Classic)?

Be quick with the Erasmic, stocks are disappearing. You can also try Real Shaving Co and Natural Grooming Co, they are Creightons brands sold in Tesco, Asda and Boots.

Pete

do NOT take him Boots brushless, it's crap :eek:
in fact so is the Ingrams brushless (green tube)

in fact i'm starting to think all creams that are sold as brushless are thus
if you want a brushless cream get a good normal cream and just use it brushless

but back to your question

Palmolive - available everywhere
Erasmic - i had a reaction to this so look forward to the new formula

as hunny says a trip to a decent TKMaxx should net you some TOBS stuff

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.connaughtshaving.com/shavingcream.html">http://www.connaughtshaving.com/shavingcream.html</a><!-- m -->

i'd get him a Palmolive & Boots soap sticks as well just to let him see what he's missing

There is a cream that he can get here that is not available to you chaps.
If he can stand the name, Nancy Boy makes one of the best shaving creams there is. It was originally labeled as a brushless cream but nobody is known to use it that way as it lathers extremely well with a brush. It is my preferred cream for shaving and I will never be without at least two tubs. They make a variety of skin care products and I endorse each and every one of them. I feel like a heel speaking of them here because they do not currently ship to any addresses outside of the CONUS. You should hear how our Canadian brethren complain about that.
The name is a problem for a few but it is appropriate as the founders are ... well, Nancy Boys. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (A classic line from our Seinfeld TV show).
You might even have him send you a travel size tub to see if you like it as well.

Prophet Noir, I remember reading somewhere that Nancy Boy creams were made by the same people who make T&H Ultimate Comfort cream, somwhere in N. America I believe (Canada?). Is that true? Personally don't rate the Ultimate Comfort (strange if they make it outside the UK), though Nancy Boy garners top reviews.

NakedApe - (may I call you Ape?)
I was always under the impression that Nancy Boy's formulas were proprietary, but I don't know that they do not have their creams made for them by someonee else.
That said, I would be willing to bet that they make everything themselves.

Back
Top Bottom