Cracked TWSBI 580

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
I bought this pen a long time ago, I reckon at least 7 years. I was chatting to my pal about it a couple of months ago and mentioned that it was leaking the last few times I had used it. She asked me if it was cracked and lo and behold when I checked, it was.
I finally got around to emailing TWSBI yesterday, I used the web form on their website: https://www.twsbi.com/pages/contact
They responded within a few minutes asking me which part was cracked and saying they would send a replacement if I cover the postage charge. 7 Dollars all in, I am happy with that. Can't fault the customer service especially considering the age of the pen. I am hoping the cracking issue has been resolved though.
Anyone using a newish TWSBI? did they fix the cracking problems?

Attachments

• 20210519_212750.jpg
    20210519_212750.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0075.JPG
    DSC_0075.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 13
I bought this pen a long time ago, I reckon at least 7 years. I was chatting to my pal about it a couple of months ago and mentioned that it was leaking the last few times I had used it. She asked me if it was cracked and lo and behold when I checked, it was.
I finally got around to emailing TWSBI yesterday, I used the web form on their website: https://www.twsbi.com/pages/contact
They responded within a few minutes asking me which part was cracked and saying they would send a replacement if I cover the postage charge. 7 Dollars all in, I am happy with that. Can't fault the customer service especially considering the age of the pen. I am hoping the cracking issue has been resolved though.
Anyone using a newish TWSBI? did they fix the cracking problems?
Not a direct answer to your question, but I have a couple of TWSBI Classic pens, one of which started leaking from a crack in the feed and a problem in the section, at the start of 2020. The nib and feed weren't listed in the UK as spares for this particular model, and I contacted TWSBI in Taiwan. They responded immediately, and for about the same $7 postage, they sent me a whole new section, nib and feed. I think I'd had the miscreant pen for about 2 years.

I hadn't been fiddling about with the pen, and the root cause of the problem is still a bit of mystery to me. It did take me a good bit of time and several tries to get the filler knob and plunger settings exactly right, but I managed it in the end.

The other Classic and an Eco haven't given any problems - touch wood.

There are reports that the cracking in the section may be caused by removing the nib and feed and either pushing it back too far or in the wrong place. I have two Ecos, one needing cleaning because it had been stained by Diamine ink and that meant removing the nib, next morning I saw that the section was cracked. The other Eco has not been taken apart and is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom