Crabtree & Evelyn Sandlewood Aromatic Shave Cream

I picked up a tube of this at TK Maxx months ago, having mainly used Trumpers since begining the DE journey. I found it produced a nice, easy lather that was slick to apply. So far, no difference to the number of Trumpers' creams I have used. However I soon became aware of the aroma, which as the lather grew in the shaving bowl reminded me more and more of stale cigarettes. I began to get this flash of an old London pub, back in the days when you could smoke in pubs. The smell of the fags combined with timber floor, bar etc.

Once using the lather, I could not get over the smell of stale fags; it was quiet strong and lingered. The shave etc was fine, but that aroma was not for me and not a repeat purchase at any price.

Cheers, Rousey

Thank you for the review, Rousey.

I am quite fond of the C&E sandalwood scent (although the creams are lacking in performance IMHO), esp. in the wonderful aftershave balm. Is that still for sale in the UK C&E shops? Here in sad little Belgium, the one chain that carried C&E closed down last year. :cry:

And even before that, I had heard a rumour that C&E had discontinued the Sandalwood and Sienna lines. Not true?

i have and you can still get the Sienna cream (one of my favourite scents) but they discontinued the soap.
however due to public demand they are bringing it back :D
the balm never went away either

I popped in to the C&E store in Southampton this morning. Had a long chat - the lady manager admitted that she was not well briefed on men's shaving. Did my best with her questions. Came away with samples of Sandalwood, Nomad and Sienna creams.

Back
Top Bottom