Couple of finished razors...

Hi gents, I haven't posted in the straights section for a while so I thought it was about time!, hopefully I will be a bit more regular now as I am now a full time Bladesmith.
First up is a 7/8" 1/4 hollow in Sheffield 01 with inlaid emerald and hole in blade, in English oak with inlaid abalone dots and bog oak wedge.
And a "Kryptonite" razor which is 7/8" full hollow Sheffield 01 in my own cast kryptonite crystal scales with black buffalo horn wedge and matching shaving brush, and yes it does glow in the dark!.

Both are beautiful. I especially like the second one. I didn't realise you were making full hollows. Do you have any more pictures showing the end on profile, and the grind?

Both are beautiful. I especially like the second one. I didn't realise you were making full hollows. Do you have any more pictures showing the end on profile, and the grind?
Yeah I have dabbled with full hollow for a while, I'm not keen on grinding them though because one slip on the grinder and the blade is toast and you have wasted several hours!.Here is a pic of the end on ,like I say it's 3/4- full hollow I always find this a grey area as every maker seems to differ, but compared to some of my full hollows it pretty much there although I could of gone even thinner if I had the balls!!.

I find it easier to get really close shaves with thin blades but at the same time the experience can be let down by a very prominent sound of scraping knife on toast so for really smooth shaves I am at least currently preferring 1/2 hollow to near wedge

Wow - I like that.

Yeah I'm the same heavier grind razors just seem to mow those whiskers easier plus from what I've found they tend to take more abuse, you knock a really thin full hollow on anything and it's toast!!.

Yeah
After checking out the complete Ed Brice razor gallery I find my favourites among your early work, clean lines, no bling, I am a fan of classic scandinavian style or maybe I just lack imagination
that's what I love about this hobby everybody's different, what one loves another will hate and vice versa

View attachment 38903
Do you have any more pics of this design?
No sorry I don't, I have got to the stage where I have hundreds of photos on my phone and iPad and have recently used all my storage on both so am having to have a thin out!, I try to keep at least one photo of each razor I make just so I have a record of what I've made, I made those razors for a groom and his best men.