Correct blade angle

Been at this DE shaving for about 9 weeks now and have a question.
I have been getting some really good shaves and some not quite so good ones. some are irritation free some a little irritation on the neck and chin. Also seem to get a few white spots but only on the sides of my chin. Obviously from being a little close and possibly from over moiturising small weeps. I have wondered if there is more of a finess and accuracy to the whole blade angle thing, so my question is:
How do you guys get to the correct blade angle. At the moment i tend to go alot by sound, and wonder wether i am getting a little steep.
To me at the moment it all seems a little inaccurate. If the razor is too much on its back the blade doesn't cut, then as i roll it onto its edge i start to hear and feel the blade start to work, but don't seem to feel any difference if i keep rolling the blade further onto its edge. How accurate do you boys get the coorect blade angle and how much difference do you notice as the blade comes up. I have been wondering if this is what makes the difference between a good close irritation free shave, a not so close shave with some irritation.
I have not yet experienced the, i can't feel that cutting but my foam is full of stubble feeling. But i tend to aim straight for the yes i can feel and hear those wiskers popping and rasping stage. I think i am addicted to the sound. :lol:
Whats your secret.

the only razor i had any trouble with was a Weishi

the 'sweet spot' was so narrow it was very hit 'n miss
good wee razor apart from that

everything else i've got is pretty forgiving so you don't have to be that accurate

either that or it's just become natural now, second nature
if i had to think about it when shaving i'd probably cut myself to shreds :roll:

Hold the razor perpendicular to your face, and then gently lower the handle until you START to hear the rasp. That then tends to indicate the correct angle, but some razors rasp more than others.

Ian

Just hold the handle and go straight down then go slightly angled upwards..go slow to figure out exactly how you need to handle..the handle.. :mrgreen:

B

Back
Top Bottom