connaught stop taking paypal

Looks like Paul has dropped the paypal option.

This is a real shame for me as paypal is sort of my "slush fund" away from my wife. My ebay sales go in there so I have a pretty free reign to buy (within reason) what I want. Will have to look for somewhere else now :(

That's odd surely it'll affect his sales.

He still does ebay though good job too.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Connaught-Shaving__W0QQ_armrsZ1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Connaught ... QQ_armrsZ1</a><!-- m -->

I'd imagine it's as straightforward as the fees Paypal charge for their service compared to his alternative card processor and for overseas viewers Paypal's less than stunning exchange rates (usually 3-4% away - in an unfavourable direction for the customer - from what credit & debit cards charge).

The alternative would probably be an across the board price rise.

huxley said:
That's odd surely it'll affect his sales.

He still does ebay though good job too.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Connaught-Shaving__W0QQ_armrsZ1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Connaught ... QQ_armrsZ1</a><!-- m -->

Yeah I know but no where near as wide a range as the website.

sjedwardz said:

This is a real shame for me as paypal is sort of my "slush fund" away from my wife. My ebay sales go in there so I have a pretty free reign to buy (within reason) what I want. Will have to look for somewhere else now :(

ha ha Shaun, nice one. I thought that it was just me who did that.

Odd thing is that when you think how much money PayPal must be holding at any one time they shouldn't need to charge fees at all. They're on to a winner.

Rev-O said:
sjedwardz said:

ha ha Shaun, nice one. I thought that it was just me who did that.

Odd thing is that when you think how much money PayPal must be holding at any one time they shouldn't need to charge fees at all. They're on to a winner.

I know - although when it gets to a few hundred I transfer it to our joint account but still have a few squids for myself.

I thought there was a cap on how much you can have in a personal PayPal account, but yes I do the same. I just leave it there and think of it as money in a little can behind the sugar kind of thing. It doesn't affect my monthly in/out balance and the mind boggles how much money PayPal must be holding. To think it was all put together in someones garage, just wish I had thought of it.

Got to agree, Paypal is my preferred way of paying for a lot of online shopping stuff - especially Razors for the exact above reasons :p

But then, i have no absolutly knowledge of Paypal as a vendor, so.....

To think it was all put together in someones garage, just wish I had thought of it.

You don't have a silly enough name to have thought of Paypal. :D

Paul might be the first but will probably not the last. It's ridiculous what Paypal thinks they can charge. (More than € 5 on a € 140 invoice).

It's the price we all have to pay for a bunch of low-lifes that would otherwise abuse / misuse our bank accounts, if we would have to give our accountno. over internet.

But it might very well be that at these charges, a competitor takes over soon.

fwiw,

Eric

Probably not stop the eBay shop, that can have a different pricing structure to account for the PayPal fees where the shop it is the same proce regardless of method of payment. If he started adding a surcharge for PayPal on his own webshop that would not wash with the public nor PayPal so I think the choice is go to him direct or use eBay and PayPal.

Back
Top Bottom