Complete Schick G Type Injector Series

Beautiful line up Billy [emoji2]

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Morning Billy, hope you dont mind me zhooshing up this thread again:

I'm just exploring the E type, and have bought cheaply on the bay, a type E (single patent #) - with a Ivory handle & stating made in Canada, 1937. Similar to your example above. How are these classified on the Alan Appleby table? e.g an E2.

On his table the G's are dead easy to identify. Mainly handle colour. With the E's it seems a bit more complicated regarding the position of the tabs. Not knowing type E's, this has thrown me. Or is it the case, that all E's were made in Canada (excepting your US example) and it is the tabs that are in different positions?

Sorry, a tad confused

Richard

Confused..No Wonder..Appleby Says Himself that his Classifications are Not Exhaustive..If its a Ridged Comb its a Type E 3..All the Type E 2s have a Smooth Comb..Type E Injectors were Made in Both the USA & Canada Until Ever Sharp Took Over the Company in 1946..From 1946 the Production Stopped in the USA & Continued in Canada to 1955..

Billy

Thank you Billy. Although not the easiest to make out from the photos; going for an E2 based upon a smooth comb.

Ta, Richard

& it does say it is a prize winner!

The widow Zain was a Scottish woman noted for her beastly looks. To win the fabled E 1 razor a man had to survive a night of "ash hauling" with her and that's how Billy came to possess the razor. It's a delicate subject to discuss I'm sure so I am acting as an advocate here for the valiant Zain Prize Winner. He took one for the team.

Glad you cleared that up for us. Thanks.