Complete Schick G Type Injector Series

The Schick Type G series was introduced in 1946 with the Eversharp take over from the Schick Repeating Razor Company until they ceased production in the year 1955...When the Type G 1 was introduced it took over from the Type E s that ceased production in the USA in 1946...Canadian Type E Injectors however were continued to be made for many years after the Eversharp introduction of the G 1 well into the mid 1950s...

Eversharp G Type series...

G1:
moulded Ivory plastic seamed handle
G2:14kt gold handle (solid metal)
G3: Gold plated ( Hollow handle )
G4: Schick 66 - blue handle, chrome textured head
G5: Turquoise handle (Often referred to as ladies Schick)
G6: Clear amber plastic handle
G8: Square, partially ribbed handle

Eversharp G Type series in numerical order ...

Another Group shot....

The Type G series unlike the Type E series did not vary in terms of aggression...In other words there are no head variation's...They all shave pretty much the same...The build quality did vary...The early type G 1 had a better build quality than some of the later rounded neck models and the Christmas Edition Gold Type G 2 is a real heavy weight to compared to the rest of the series...

Eversharp Type G Identification ...

The Type G can be easily identified by the numbers on the left side of the spring....The G Type has two patent numbers...1806087 and 1969945...The Type E has a single patent number..1806087...The Canadian Type E has got the same patent number as the USA Type E but has made in Canada 1937..

Some common misunderstands...
Some folks think that there was a mismatch of handles going on here...That couldn't be further from the truth....As a rule of thumb the Type G 1 can be identified by the Ivory Seamed handle....But here's the thing....The so called Type G 1 seamed handle was a "Clone" of the earlier "E Type handle"....Most Type E s can be identified as having a Bakelite Butterscotch handle but that's only partially correct as there was a USA made Type E 3 with an Ivory seamed handle and also some Canadian Type E s as well...

USA Type E 3 & Canadian Type E with seamed handle...

The one above is a Canadian Type E with an Ivory seamed handle and the one below is a somewhat rarer USA made Type E 3 with a seamed handle...To muddy the waters further there was also a somewhat rare USA made Type E 4 with a Seamed Butterscotch handle and also a later Type G 1 with a Seamed Butterscotch handle....Confused ?...

The bottom line is that you must identify the G & E Types not by their handle colour per se but by the patent numbers as mentioned above...

Billy

Last edited:
I forgot to mention....You will not get the best from your G Type Injector with Current Injector Blades...The G Type can be transformed into a World Top Class Shaver with either Schick Krona, Schick Super Stainless, and Schick/Gillette Platinum Plus Blades....

And that's a fact folks...

Billy

Last edited:
Yeah, I have got to say that I Love the Schick Krona blade ...Ever so smooth and as you say they are a forgiving blade that doesn't mind being provoked...This is a damned close BBS shaver combo every time for sure Sir... I am astounded that no one has attempted to replicate this blade...But they haven't...

Billy

Nice info Billy. Excellent for reference.
1) So, the G2 there has a solid gold handle? Or Gold plated?
Talk about posh.
2) So, this is one of each type right?
Go on, let's see the group pictures of each type.

Brilliant.

Nice info Billy. Excellent for reference.
1) So, the G2 there has a solid gold handle? Or Gold plated?
Talk about posh.
2) So, this is one of each type right?
Go on, let's see the group pictures of each type.

Brilliant.

Thank you...The 1946 Type G 2 at the bottom has a solid steel handle...It has a very thick 14 Karat Gold Plating...The later 1947 Type G 3 at the top has a Hollow handle & has a lesser 24 Karat Gold Plating....24 Karat Gold Plating is standard for Schick Injectors....You can see the difference in the Colour of them ..The 1946 Type G 2 is also slightly longer & a lot heavier that the Type G 3 ..Its the poshest of the two of them for sure...Both of these are quite Rare and starting to demand Very High prices..

Billy

Last edited:
Superb, Billy! Well done. I think I even found one of those for you. One of the shiny ones, I think.

Now, what if there was a G9? I know ... I know ... there isn't, but maybe there is. Weirder things have happened with 1912s
Thanks Paul..Yeah, you gave me the heads up on the Type G 3 and what a wonderful example it turned out to be...There is actually a Later Type G 1 that throws some folks with a seamed Butterscotch Handle...To muddy the waters further there was also a Type E 4 with a seamed Butterscotch Handle...They weren't Models in their own right though...They just through folks all the way to hell & back..

Billy

OK, so, as you say, a nice thick plating.
That would be a bob or two today eh?
Got any idea how much that was in 1946?
Decadence in the time of rationing.

OK, so, as you say, a nice thick plating.
That would be a bob or two today eh?
Got any idea how much that was in 1946?
Decadence in the time of rationing.
I have the advert in the house...Cant find it on the net though...The price of the 14 karat Gold 1946 Christmas edition Type G 2 was 10 Dollars plus taxes...The price of the 24 karat Gold 1947 Christmas edition Type G 3 was 5 Dollars plus taxes...10 Dollars back in 1946 is about 130 Dollars in todays prices...

Bearing in mind Schick & Eversharp razors were primarily aimed towards Middle & Middle Upper Class Americans in those days...Schick Injectors became more popular with lower class Americans after Troops brought them back from the War...

Billy

Thanks for posting this Billy...well done. I have recently been bitten by the Schick SE bug and I am enjoying these razors very much. I have several in my collection...must dig them out and check my serial numbers.

The only sad part is, now my DEs are feeling neglected...