Closed Complete: Barbaros Rocnel Adjustable Pass Around

I'm liking what I'm reading, price and date is what I need now!

The razor is now on its way to Carl @Bechet. Nishy's thoughts on the razor can be found ↪here.
  • sɐǝɹpu∀ / riverrun (ATG/TSR)
  • Dogsmro (ATG)
  • Rowlers (ATG)
  • Nishy (ATG)
  • Bechet (TSR)
  • Nico1970 (ATG)
The list is closed.
Legend: Currently with, On the way to, Waiting, Completed

The razor has just arrived with me, all lovely and shiny, thanks Nishy.

First impression is that it's a great piece of kit, though I find the balance to be 'off' - a short, fat handle was never going to sit me. I'll check around for a Bechet handle that fits. Blackbird? Custom Weber?

Looking forward to shaving with it tomorrow.

Thanks to Barbaros and Rocnel.

Thanks, Carl.
  • Dogsmro (ATG)
  • Rowlers (ATG)
  • Nishy (ATG)
  • Bechet (TSR)
  • Nico1970 (ATG)
The list is closed.

Wow! This is one very successful Turkish design and engineering collaboration. As the man says, I don't like it - I love it!

Even with the fat, stubby handle (exactly the right length for many, many shavers but way too short for me) I had a very comfortable, close and enjoyable shave. Not quite BBS but a little more aggression and I'll get BBS tomorrow, I feel sure.

The handle is very much part of the adjustment design and so I don't have a long handle that would do the job. This is a prototype so offering a long handle at retail stage is easy enough. I recommend thinning and extending the knurled section, keeping the top the same of necessity and the bottom the same for balance.

The head design is a dream come true - close, smooth shaving with intuitive and variable cutting angle, easy range to find and use. My eyes aren't good enough to read the numbers unaided so I just used a twist guesstimated to be a '3' setting. I'll set it to '4' in the morning, using my reading specs, and anticipate an easy BBS.

A smooth, close, comfortable razor that I found to be poorly balanced with the current handle. I look forward to the morning. Congratulations Barbaros and Rocnel. I'll definitely want to buy one if you offer them with a 100mm handle option.

Forgot my reading glasses and so shaved with the razor a half twist open. The Osage Rub says it was a smidge too aggressive but I had an easy, comfortable BBS shave - dialed it back a gnat's crotchet for the ATG pass on my (facial) tender parts.

There is not a locking mechanism nor a ratchet setting - the aggressiveness is infinitely variable, held by friction against a spring. I noticed that the setting may be changed by rough handling - drying the handle with a towel whilst holding the head in my case. A stronger spring might be considered if one is available in this size. I did not attempt to tighten the compression nut.

Short, fat handle aside, this is one superb razor, brilliantly designed and executed. I recommend watching out for them to come to market.

I'll polish, pack and post this one to Nico asap.

Thanks, Carl.
I seem to remember that B&R were planning a 100mm handle at some point. Maybe Hasan @theunnamed can confirm or deny?

The razor is now with @Nico1970
  • Dogsmro (ATG)
  • Rowlers (ATG)
  • Nishy (ATG)
  • Bechet (TSR)
  • Nico1970 (ATG)
The list is closed.