colour difference

I transfered some of my GFT cream from the tube into my pot of GFT and I immediately noticed that the colour of the cream in the tube is decidedly more 'yellow' than the pot equivalent. Is this normal with a tube/pot thing? I am not really a tube man and so cannot comment on other tubes/pots but it would be interesting to hear if anyone else has ever noticed something like this with their cream(s).

It is like wallpaper and paint, made in huge batches and there can be variances between them. Some may make the cream in a tube more runny but generally not a huge difference. My first pot of TOBS Avocado was soft, then I bought a tube for travel which was quite liquid compared to the pot but no colour difference. I later bough a second put and it is very firm and paler than the previous two.

I don't know if there is sometimes a formula tweak by the manufacturer or storage issues with some vendors, main thing is how it performs. Even things like ambient temp when the pigments are added can make a difference. M advice is don't worry about the colour too much but if is is "off" and by that I mean it is just not lathering as expected then return it.

One thing I can tell with the GFT tube over the pot is that the cream soon dries out after lathering which is a bit of an annoyance but I perservere so to speak.

I only buy pots. What I've heard about the cream consistency in tubes isn't very encouraging.
Colour and texture variations do exist, even between two pots of the same cream.

Frederick said:
I only buy pots. What I've heard about the cream consistency in tubes isn't very encouraging.
Colour and texture variations do exist, even between two pots of the same cream.

I am solely a pot man too Frederick. I got the GFT tube in the cologne/deo/shower gel/cream set that was marked down by about 30%. Can't miss a bargain like that ;) .

I've noticed this a few times, firstly with TOBS Mr Taylor where I scooped the last of my old pot into a new pot and it was markedly different in colour and consistensy and also with proraso where I put the last of a tube into my new pot, but I now realise that with proraso the tube was a cream and the pot was soft soap.

Back
Top Bottom