Coffee to match cigars

Anyone have ideas which coffee might be best to go with a cigar I have saved for a special occasion?. The Cigar is a Maduro, so very strong and dark. I usually smoke about half to 2/3 then have coffee whilst finishing it. At the moment I am reduced to using a cafetiere so am really looking to get the best coffee for that method. I normally would choose a Java or Sumatra if I am not smoking. Any thoughts would be welcome...although I realise purists might say both coffee and cigar should be consumed on their own.

Mikael is the cigar and coffee guy but I used to be partial to adding a dram to the coffee itself, an Irish without the cream or the Irish so to speak.

Probably not for your best whisky but a nice complementary way to consume both while enjoying your cigar.

I think Tony's on to something (re not your best stuff), even though I don't consider me an expert or so... But :D I think something a little sweet (not your most complex and hard core wiskey, coffee, or cognac - more the fruity or milky kind - latte or cappuccino)... That said, I have no idea about what kind of maduro cigar you've got, most non Cuban maduros I've smoked has been extremely mild (like sucking on a straw mild, lol)...

Hi, the cigar is a Nicaraguan Maduro...'La Rica'.....so it's full bodied. I would drink Black coffee but probably put some muscovado sugar in.....then after the coffee the whisky sounds good......It's on the cards for tomorrow PM if the weather is mild...Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom