Coffee to match cigars

Anyone have ideas which coffee might be best to go with a cigar I have saved for a special occasion?. The Cigar is a Maduro, so very strong and dark. I usually smoke about half to 2/3 then have coffee whilst finishing it. At the moment I am reduced to using a cafetiere so am really looking to get the best coffee for that method. I normally would choose a Java or Sumatra if I am not smoking. Any thoughts would be welcome...although I realise purists might say both coffee and cigar should be consumed on their own.

Mikael is the cigar and coffee guy but I used to be partial to adding a dram to the coffee itself, an Irish without the cream or the Irish so to speak.

Probably not for your best whisky but a nice complementary way to consume both while enjoying your cigar.

I think Tony's on to something (re not your best stuff), even though I don't consider me an expert or so... But I think something a little sweet (not your most complex and hard core wiskey, coffee, or cognac - more the fruity or milky kind - latte or cappuccino)... That said, I have no idea about what kind of maduro cigar you've got, most non Cuban maduros I've smoked has been extremely mild (like sucking on a straw mild, lol)...

Hi, the cigar is a Nicaraguan Maduro...'La Rica'.....so it's full bodied. I would drink Black coffee but probably put some muscovado sugar in.....then after the coffee the whisky sounds good......It's on the cards for tomorrow PM if the weather is mild...Cheers!