cocktail kits

does anyone know what cocktail kits are worth buying or not? im fancying getting into making cocktails and want a kit (mixer, strainer etc) to experiment with. i dont want to spend stupid money on one, but want something reasonably decent. any cocktail people on here got any advice?

Something like this has everything you need. Might want to get a small tea strainer if you wanted to fine strain things like Martinis

I find that all I need is 25ml and 35 ml measures, a 500ml shaker and tea strainer or equivalent. You will be able to make virtually anything with that plus an occasional 'loan' of some common kitchen equipment. I would say, give the main attention to the ingredients and the measuring, and all will be well.

Noel Coward's recipe for the perfect dry martini -

"Shake a large measure of gin over ice until very cold. Point the shaker in the general direction of Italy. Drink."

My recipe -

4 x 25ml gin, 1 x 25ml dry vermouth. Shake over ice. Serves 2. My preference is for an 'Old Tom' gin (Haymans or Crabbies) and Dolin vermouth. I don't care for Martini vermouth despite the name. Serve with an olive or, for a 'Gibson', a cocktail onion.

Enjoy. Remember to stop drinking, BEFORE breathing ceases!;)

I find that all I need is 25ml and 35 ml measures, a 500ml shaker and tea strainer or equivalent. You will be able to make virtually anything with that plus an occasional 'loan' of some common kitchen equipment. I would say, give the main attention to the ingredients and the measuring, and all will be well.

Noel Coward's recipe for the perfect dry martini -

"Shake a large measure of gin over ice until very cold. Point the shaker in the general direction of Italy. Drink."

My recipe -

4 x 25ml gin, 1 x 25ml dry vermouth. Shake over ice. Serves 2. My preference is for an 'Old Tom' gin (Haymans or Crabbies) and Dolin vermouth. I don't care for Martini vermouth despite the name. Serve with an olive or, for a 'Gibson', a cocktail onion.

Enjoy. Remember to stop drinking, BEFORE breathing ceases!;)

ive ended up going for a boston shaker, glass and steel, just liked the traditional look of it. bought a strainer too.

martinis are one of the main drinks im wanting to delve into, along with manhattans and whiskey sours. ive been having a good old mooch on diffords as well :)

Get a cocktail spoon as well if you dont have one, yes you can use a normal spoon but it's not as cool. If you really enjoy stirred cocktails like old fashioned and martinis then a mixing glass could be worth it

Diffords is awesome, I think I have book 7 which Ive had for years since I worked in bars, but the online guide is so useful

Back
Top Bottom