Coates Shaving Cream

The Gentleman's Shop is delighted to announce the recent acquisition of the last remaining consignment of Coates shaving creams, from the Company's original owners.

As this product is no longer in production, this is a unique opportunity to purchase this much sought after cream. We have Almond, Sandalwood and Lime available.

Be advised that as this shaving cream has not been produced for a few years, the stock we are selling here has been in storage is a little dehydrated in appearance and will not contain the full 165ml.

This should not affect its performance but we want to make you completely aware of what you are buying as it may require stirring up a little prior to use!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog/Traditional_Shaving_Creams.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog ... Creams.htm</a><!-- m -->

CTLIME_s.jpg

Buy 5, get one pot free! <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog/Box_of_6_Assorted_Coates_Shaving_Creams_Save__10.html#a2306" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog ... html#a2306</a><!-- m -->

Robert_Johnston said:
TBe advised that as this shaving cream has not been produced for a few years, the stock we are selling here has been in storage is a little dehydrated in appearance and will not contain.

will not contain what?

You can't do that Robert, the suspense is killing me!! :lol:

Ian

Robert

That's quite a coup and a very fair price.

Unfortunately, I already have some that I bought a few months back (and paid more than you are offering them for). Anyway, they are also slightly dehydrated. When you suggest stirring the contents, what exactly do you mean??! Do you mean stir all the cream in the tub, perhaps with a little water to re-mix the contents? Or do you mean treat it like a soap and take some lather from the tub with a few swirls of your brush on the dehydrated cream? Or perhaps take a slug of cream and mix with more water in a bowl?

Sorry if I am being anal, I just have a couple of dehydrated creams and I am just not sure what the best way is to use them.

Thanks again for the great offer. I imagine the gannets from across the pond will be buying them up fast!

David

"Bung ~teaspoon of water in it, stir it, and leave it overnight. Check next day, and if it's still dry, repeat."

Bung a teaspoon in the whole tub and stir?

Does it actually perform better when it is properly hydrated? I am just wondering if it is worth the risk of doing what you suggest.

Thanks

To be honest it just needs a wet shaving brush and a bit more work to get a lather. It's still creamier than a pot of Proraso, but not as soft as Taylors.

I have to mention the dehydration issue as they appear to have shrunk a bit and I don't want anyone to purchase this product thinking that it is anything other than a shaving cream not produced in the last decade!

Regards, Robert

chicken neck said:
"Bung ~teaspoon of water in it, stir it, and leave it overnight. Check next day, and if it's still dry, repeat."

Bung a teaspoon in the whole tub and stir?

Does it actually perform better when it is properly hydrated? I am just wondering if it is worth the risk of doing what you suggest.

Thanks

Bung a teaspoon in the whole tub and stir? - Yes. I've done it with a dried-up post of Taylor cream and it worked, but as Robert said, a wet brush may well be enough. I have seen the teaspoon method advised on many occasions regarding Coates creams.

Ian

i revisited my Coates Sandalwood for today's shave after this thread and the fact that i wasn't that impressed with it first time round.

it must have been a different brush or technique because it worked very well today.

a better prospect at Roberts prices

no I was just wondering if it was worth the expense considering it probably wont be seen again.

At TGS price it's worth seeing what it's like. It is an excellent cream. But so are many others. If we decide on price/value alone it would be TOBS every time. They keep their prices low through high volume sales that the other big names cannot match. And most of the big name brands are made by Creightons anyway.

Back
Top Bottom