Clinique Post Shave Soother

Yet another a/s review from me. Mrs.M and I were in Boots last weekend, and I spotted this stuff and decided to give it a go having read some very positive things about it.

clinique.jpg

Packaging
Fairly plain, fairly cheap, but quite attractive. Its looks pretty good on the shelf in the bathroom. It has a screw top, and cap with a small hole in it so that you can easily dispense the required amount.

Scent
There isn't one. You get a slight wiff of something as it's going on, but once it's been on for a few minutes, it's undetectable.

Perfromance
I only need to use a 20p-ish diameter amount to do my face and neck, and this is easily dispensed from the well designed bottle. It's a thin milky fluid, similar to something like the Nivea standard balm, but thinner than something like the D.R. Harris Milk. It goes on easily, and sinks into your skin. There is some releif in places where things may have gone a little wrong during the shave, and for the rest of the day it keep the skin moisturised just enough. There is no sticky or greasy residue on my face at any time during the day, which I have had from some other products.

Conclusion
I like it. Again, like the L'Occitane, it's not cheap. In Boots it was £16.00 for a 75ml bottle, but like the L'Occitane, it works very well, and even when I've been a bit over-enthusiastic with the sharp steel, it eases any burn. I will buy more when this bottle runs out.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom