Cleaning vintage DE razors?

Hi everyone,

I'm inevitably going to be purchasing a vintage razor off of Ebay in the near future and was wondering as to the methods other members have applied to clean vintage razors in order to make 100% sure they don't catch a hideous disease from a morning shave?!

Cheers,
Trueman

Assuming not a gold razor. . . .

1. Open up & put in a waterproof container with a dash of fairy. Pour boiling water over. Leave to sit for 24 hours.

2. Get an old toothbrush and scrub the crud off the razor - depending on result repeat step one.

3. Give it a 20 minute soak in CIF Kitchen foam (AKA Scrubbing bubbles), and toothbrush again.

4. Dip in barbicide

4. Wash down & rinse, & rub to a polish with a soft cloth

I Usually leave it there, but others will take to further extremes.

Be very careful with gold razors. Use cold water, and only a 1-2 minute with CIF.

Of course YMMV

BlkKnight said:
Assuming not a gold razor. . . .

1. Open up & put in a waterproof container with a dash of fairy. Pour boiling water over. Leave to sit for 24 hours.

2. Get an old toothbrush and scrub the crud off the razor - depending on result repeat step one.

3. Give it a 20 minute soak in CIF Kitchen foam (AKA Scrubbing bubbles), and toothbrush again.

4. Dip in barbicide

4. Wash down & rinse, & rub to a polish with a soft cloth

I Usually leave it there, but others will take to further extremes.

Be very careful with gold razors. Use cold water, and only a 1-2 minute with CIF.

Of course YMMV

Brilliant, Thanks for that BlkKnight!

Just wondering where abouts I may be able to purchase this barbicide from?

Thanks again,
Trueman

Back
Top Bottom