Cleaning and maintaining a brush in good condition

I rinse the brush under cold running water first - then dunk it in a glass of cold water a few times to get clean water all the way to the base - then shake vigorously until it feels dry - then gently towel dry.
It seems to keep the brush clean and free from build up at the base.
An occasional soak in a diluted white vinegar solution also helps to keep the build up at bay.
I do shake the brush pretty hard and sometimes a loose hair will show itself but I dont see that as a problem.
It's grinding the brush in a soap puck that I advise against,,that can damage a brushi I beleive.
regards, beejay

I rinse my brush, facing down, under the cold tap to get most of the lather out, then swirl it around in a basin of very warm (not hot) water. The water is usually clear after the swirling so most of the lather has gone by then anyway. Then a few good shakes, and I run my hand over the top of the bristles, give another shake or two, and dry the brush on its stand on the windowsill.

I rinse my brush under the cold tap. Then I swirl the brush in a basin of very warm, but not hot, water. This clears most of the lather. Then a few good shakes.

I'm a new DE shaver and I do this with my Silvertip badger brush. Is this going to be ok? I don't want to ruin it :s

Ok , as it was brought up... I was recently at a supply house and saw some really nice brushes at a very reasonable price/really inexpensive. Then I read the literature . While they looked to be constructed just like a shaving brush, they were labeled makeup brushes and made from 'Human Hair' I was going to try one but after thinking about it, it kind of freaked me out so I didn't.
Will Human Hair work as well as Badger??