Cleaning a DE razor

Stitch306 said:
I know this is totally wrong of me and so not the point of the documentary but that was quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen on the telly :D

Talking to John (but standing to his side, not in front of him - so he can't gob on you easily), as I have more than once (you know he's in because over the blare of Asda FM you hear the occasional "ARSE!") he reckons that it wasn't ever intended to be a documentary for educational purposes, rather it was edited to produce maximum titillation, but pretty much everyone who saw it knows, so it got it's message across - however he went ahead with it and the recent follow up for what he considered to be a decent wedge of cash.

hunnymonster said:
Stitch306 said:
ASDA have them too :D

Asda's quite pikey too - not on the same scale as Morrisons - but our local Asda has a celebrity customer :D

LOL...The middle classes now frequent ALDI (armed with M&S carrier bags) but only through the week. Simply can't be seen with the lower orders.

I often pop in to see if any decent German soaps or creams surface.

There, I've been outed as an ALDI man.

:(

Stitch306 said:
hunnymonster said:
Stitch306 said:
ASDA have them too :D
Closely followed by a documentary on narcolepsy, a commitee meeting where 3 people have to take minutes to maximise the chances of someone being awake and the guy who spent hours cooking Sunday dinner only to find his wife face down in the gravy, comedy gold :D

I know, I'm a bad man :twisted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that the funniest program on the TV in ages.
:twisted:

Oh, you wicked lot.
Outed as an Aldi man? I have no shame, and am seen in Wilkinsons oon a weekly basis (for one thing it's the only place in my town to buy Sodium Hydroxide). I have also been known to visit Lidl, although will say that trying to find the English list of ingredients in miniscule type is a pain. I guess it's the housewife in me, but if I can get the same item for a fraction of the price, I have no shame.

You think I'm going to buy a new toothbrush for cleaning a razor? After its served its initial purpose it's perfectly broken in like a boar brush.

I don't mind Aldi though, a hangover from my German student days, you have to pick carefully but it is not at all bad for foreign stuff like jarred olives, artichokes, smoked fish and charcuterie. My local has a quarter decent wine selection too.

Lidl though....NO its just wrong. I could find nothing redeeming in that supermarket, its like an open prison, you can get out eventually.

I've only been in a couple of Lidl's (and sorry to continue with this seriously off thread topic), but what I like about them is the bit in the middle of what are obviously job lots that you will never find there again. Got a fantastic heavy stainless steel with copper bottom huge saucepan there for peanuts. But as I dont have a Lidl handy, I've only been in them a handful of times.
Personally, I feel like I've cheated if I just saunter around Waitrose tossing highly priced luxury goods in my trolly. I always have to get a bargain somewhere, and Wilkinsons works for me.

soapalchemist said:
Hunny, you need to find true self esteem......when you do will you tell me where you found it? ;)

Morrisons around here caters to one market - the pie-eating/TV-dinner-eating populace - they rarely have both plain & self-raising flour in at the same time! It's over-run with campers in summer and winos in winter - it's simply not a pleasant place to go (and whilst you're inside "enjoying" that, some scrote will be keying your car or ramming a trolley into it). It simply has no redeeming features.

hunnymonster said:
soapalchemist said:
Hunny, you need to find true self esteem......when you do will you tell me where you found it? ;)

Morrisons around here caters to one market - the pie-eating/TV-dinner-eating populace - they rarely have both plain & self-raising flour in at the same time! It's over-run with campers in summer and winos in winter - it's simply not a pleasant place to go (and whilst you're inside "enjoying" that, some scrote will be keying your car or ramming a trolley into it). It simply has no redeeming features.

Perhaps they should change their slogan to "More reasons not to shop at Morrisons!"??

I picked up a twin pack of Boot's finest (and cheapest own brand) toothbrushes with the
sole purpose to clean razors with. My old battery powered toothbrush, Oral B, does a better job!

I finally got my El cheapo ultrasonic cleaner from Dealextreme today, Irish Customs & Revenue
had demanded a copy of invoice to prove it's value. Luckily it only cost me €21.80, 20c below
the Irish limit. It does a nice job cleaning the gunk off jewellery and razors. Just be careful
with those Fatboy and Slim numbers.. now where's my pot of Hulbrol enamel paint.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27624">http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27624</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom