Claymore SE head

I finally gave in to temptation and bought a Claymore from Executive Shaving. I didn't like the look of the stock handle at all and so went for the head only option, the plan being to pair it with either a Weber Bulldog or ATT Chronos handle. However, neither of these would tighten up properly, so instead I tried a UFO Colibri handle and that fitted perfectly and yielded a combination that gave a great shave; up there with the Colonial General and Vector, I would say. I tried putting Feather Pro, Super Pro and Proline blades in the Claymore head and they all fitted fine, btw.
I was left wondering if anybody else had had the problem of the Claymore not working with some handles, and if so what the reason might be. My speculation is that the Claymore heads are very precisely machined to only accept handles with modern metric threaded screws, but not ones with the older standard threading based on vintage Gillette razors.
It's not that I'm desperate to get another handle which more closely matches the bead blasted look of the Claymore, but it would ne nice to know that I could and whether I would be restricted to handles made to the metric standard.

I think there is a marginal difference in metric and imperial threading. I was discussing it with one of the Executive Shaving team, as I had always assumed used handles and heads interchangeably (barring a few exceptions) He said, 'Sooner or later, one or the other will give.'

I was not at all enamoured with the looks of the handle, but got it along with the head.Once I had used it I changed my mind, very nice to hold and manoeuvre especially on upsweeps on the neck.

Back
Top Bottom