Claymore Evolution V Hawk V3-A

Paul L

Chief GOW
Having owned and regretted selling a Hawk V3 with the 'A' plate, I have since bought another Hawk V3 in 'standard' form.
It saves good, but not quite as well as the 'A' plate variant.
Seeing how popular the Claymore Evolution is, how does it xompare to a Hawk V3-A?
If it's on-par or better, I may as well buy an Evo, rather than try to source an 'A' plate.

A personal thought from here is the Hawk. The Hawk lives over in Yorkshire but when over there it is my reach for. With a Schick Proline it has been delivering quite sublime shaves with a good lather to dig in to.

The Evo I sold on recently but it did take some letting go of and something had to be passed on to pay for the new Tatara. Which after being released by customs got stuck in a postal strike and now a bloody bank holiday.

To be honest though if you can get hold of an Enoch (they do tend to go for buttons) and you can live with the dodgy blade loading then get one. Takes a bit of getting used to but you won't regret it. Happy to loan mine if you like

A personal thought from here is the Hawk. The Hawk lives over in Yorkshire but when over there it is my reach for. With a Schick Proline it has been delivering quite sublime shaves with a good lather to dig in to.

The Evo I sold on recently but it did take some letting go of and something had to be passed on to pay for the new Tatara. Which after being released by customs got stuck in a postal strike and now a bloody bank holiday.

To be honest though if you can get hold of an Enoch (they do tend to go for buttons) and you can live with the dodgy blade loading then get one. Takes a bit of getting used to but you won't regret it. Happy to loan mine if you like

I hadn't considered an Enoch, Chris.
I like the design, and have watched a few review videos this afternoon.
It certainly seems to tick all the boxes.

@Paul L - Want to borrow an Evo and Enoch to try?

That's jolly decent of you, Chris.
PM incoming

Having owned and regretted selling a Hawk V3 with the 'A' plate, I have since bought another Hawk V3 in 'standard' form.
It saves good, but not quite as well as the 'A' plate variant.
Seeing how popular the Claymore Evolution is, how does it xompare to a Hawk V3-A?
If it's on-par or better, I may as well buy an Evo, rather than try to source an 'A' plate.
Hi Paul
I have both, and reckon that for me The Evo beats the Hawk A plate.
But if you fit The Evo head with Timeless Titanium Handle it is my top single edge Razor.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom