Claymore Evolution- thoughts ?

I got my Claymore Evolution from Executive Shaving in Scotland. I started out with the Feather ProGuards as well. As I don't have any other blades around at the moment, I don't know anything else. I know I won't step up to the Feather Pros. I have enough blade feel now. I know we each feel blades differently but is there a way to describe the ProGuard vs. the Proline 30s in general terms?

I looked at the Hawk3 very closely when deciding. The thing that convinced me to buy the Claymore Evol was the head angle. Right or wrong, the Claymore Evol head is at a more or less 90 degree angle to the handle and the Hawk3 seems, from the photos I've seen, to be angled down a bit more. I thought the Claymore Evol would make it easier to maneuver around my nose and lips. Whether this is accurate or not, those of you with both would be better informed. I'd like to know.

I got my Claymore Evolution from Executive Shaving in Scotland. I started out with the Feather ProGuards as well. As I don't have any other blades around at the moment, I don't know anything else. I know I won't step up to the Feather Pros. I have enough blade feel now. I know we each feel blades differently but is there a way to describe the ProGuard vs. the Proline 30s in general terms?

I looked at the Hawk3 very closely when deciding. The thing that convinced me to buy the Claymore Evol was the head angle. Right or wrong, the Claymore Evol head is at a more or less 90 degree angle to the handle and the Hawk3 seems, from the photos I've seen, to be angled down a bit more. I thought the Claymore Evol would make it easier to maneuver around my nose and lips. Whether this is accurate or not, those of you with both would be better informed. I'd like to know.
Don't let the lack of a guard scare you off the Feather Pros. They're still tame in a razor like the Claymore. If you're debating using a P-30, you may as well use the Feather Pro as they're similar in sharpness/performance. The Feather Pro Super is a different beast - the blade has more depth and therefore provides more exposure. Only use these if you want to gift your lips to a loves one.

Don't let the lack of a guard scare you off the Feather Pros. They're still tame in a razor like the Claymore. If you're debating using a P-30, you may as well use the Feather Pro as they're similar in sharpness/performance. The Feather Pro Super is a different beast - the blade has more depth and therefore provides more exposure. Only use these if you want to gift your lips to a loves one.
That's a slightly flippant comment about the Pro Super but you get my drift.

I'm 9 shaves in with the Claymore Evo and Kai Pink. I've been using it to trial some new E&S soaps. I'm tempted to see how long I can push the Kai blade for.

The Evo is a great razor. I found myself adding a little too much pressure after the first couple of shaves and had to subsequently remind myself not to do this. The razor performed excellently afterwards.

I'm 9 shaves in with the Claymore Evo and Kai Pink. I've been using it to trial some new E&S soaps. I'm tempted to see how long I can push the Kai blade for.

The Evo is a great razor. I found myself adding a little too much pressure after the first couple of shaves and had to subsequently remind myself not to do this. The razor performed excellently afterwards.
I can get 12 comfortable shave and bin it, but could get get beyond. Go for it

I have now used my modified Claymore Evolution with Schick Proline and Kai Pink Blades. I am now using it with Feather Pro blades and getting smooth comfortable Shaves, with Top Notch finishes.
This is probably my best AC/SE Razor ( not used a Vector) just edging out my Hawk V3- A plate. Strangely the popular General Razors do not weave their magic for me.

835722C6-F3AF-4A51-9613-0BDCDE9FC322.jpeg

I just had my first SE shave with the Claymore Evolution razor, and I was quite curious to see how it would compare to my DE razors.

I was very pleased with the high quality machining and the nice, smooth shave I got from the Kai Captain blade.

It truly works well, even beneath my nose, and didn't cause any redness or irritation; it was just a simple, no fuss shave!

Thank you @Satanfriendly for the great razor! I look forward to many more excellent shaves.

Just curious, for you folks who have used this razor with many blades.

If you put in a non-feather blade (a Shick or Kai Pink, in my case) and give the razor a little shake, can you hear the blade rattle in the razor? In mine, I can hear the blade moving if I do this, but not with a feather blade. This makes me worry that the blade is not being properly clamped...

Thanks for any information

Just curious, for you folks who have used this razor with many blades.

If you put in a non-feather blade (a Shick or Kai Pink, in my case) and give the razor a little shake, can you hear the blade rattle in the razor? In mine, I can hear the blade moving if I do this, but not with a feather blade. This makes me worry that the blade is not being properly clamped...

Thanks for any information
Kai Captain always firmly clamped, no rattle or looseness that I can remember.

Just to add, if anyone else has this issue; I tried putting the handle from my Yaqi Excalibur on my Claymore head and it clamps tight with no rattle on any blade. I also tried putting the small plastic spacer in that came with the Yaqi razor, inbetween the head and stock handle, and that stopped the blade from rattling as well. Makes me wonder if the threaded hole on my stock handle is a touch too shallow, preventing the handle from tightening that last tiny bit. Either way, hopefully I'll get a better result now!

Just to add, if anyone else has this issue; I tried putting the handle from my Yaqi Excalibur on my Claymore head and it clamps tight with no rattle on any blade. I also tried putting the small plastic spacer in that came with the Yaqi razor, inbetween the head and stock handle, and that stopped the blade from rattling as well. Makes me wonder if the threaded hole on my stock handle is a touch too shallow, preventing the handle from tightening that last tiny bit. Either way, hopefully I'll get a better result now!
Completely forgot that I used an M5 washer that perectly fit into the recess on the baseplate. Don't have the Evo any more as the Vector is my preferred SE Razor.

Back
Top Bottom