Claymore Evolution- thoughts ?

I put my self down very early for the Alpha Claymore Evolution. Regrettably I got a version confined to use of Feather blades, and though I got good Shaves I was disappointed not to be able to use my preferred blades the Schick Proline and Kai Pink.After a lengthy wait I got a head that takes all blades.

Now on my 7th outing with a Schick Proline, and getting top quality Shaves every time.What makes it a winner for me is the way it Shaves around the neck with ease, with other AC/SE Razors this area can be a bit problematic.Though I want to try my Kai blades it is going so well with the Schicks that I might push on to determine the optimum use of it. The way things are going there is a good chance that The Evo could turn out to my No1 AC/SE.

585ECA8F-5D36-476F-815A-7C502E28A64B.jpeg

I was an early adopter like yourself Mike and had a ropey cap. Got the new one and enjoyed some great shaves with a Feather. Those shaves earned the Claymore a spot in the den. I've got a cheap Chinese razor to test next then I'm going to give the Schick L a good run with the twin blades you gave me. Then it's on to the Claymore with a run on some Kai blades. Good shaves ahead, I'm sure.

I'm glad I stuck with the Claymore. Steve from Alpha stood by his product and I respect him for that.

I was an early adopter like yourself Mike and had a ropey cap...

RwgAAcO.png

Interpreter needed to decode British coastal pool hall jargon.

I was fortunate enough to have razors that had the modified heads from day one , I really like it , it slightly nudges the Hawk into second spot for me , these are the only two AC razors I have now , having moved on a Cobra , King Cobra , Oren , Enoch , Vector , Hiram Commander , Asylum RX , various Generals , Mongoose and Ikons .
I am pretty much settled on the Claymore and Hawk .

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to have razors that had the modified heads from day one , I really like it , it slightly nudges the Hawk into second spot for me , these are the only two AC razors I have now , having moved on a Cobra , King Cobra , Oren , Enoch , Vector , Hiram Commander , Asylum RX , various Generals , Mongoose and Ikons .
I am pretty much settled on the Claymore and Hawk .
Hi Derek,
I am now enjoying The Claymore Evolution having initially got a blade limited one. What are you finding the best blade for it.
Mike

Although the Proguard works buttery smooth, my preference still lies with the Professional as it just has that more assertive edge to it.

Has anyone tried a different handle as I don't think the supplied item is that attractive? Despite it's practical side it really is damn ugly when I think about it.

Something to play with over the weekend.

Although the Proguard works buttery smooth, my preference still lies with the Professional as it just has that more assertive edge to it.

Has anyone tried a different handle as I don't think the supplied item is that attractive? Despite it's practical side it really is damn ugly when I think about it.

The handle was one of the things that initially attracted me to the Evo. I'm probably going to be using it for a few shaves so will throw a couple of different handles in the mix to see what works. I've got the other Alpha handles.

I never liked the look of the standard handle and so got the head only, thinking I would have at least 10 ss handles which would fit. However, most wouldn't tighten up properly and I ended up using the only one which seemed to work, a UFO Colibri. It looks a little bit odd, with the handle being much more shiny and ornate than the head, but at least it does the job. I wonder if the head has a metric thread while most of the handles I have are imperial. I know this normally doesn't matter, but perhaps the tolerances on the Evo head are very tight.

I never liked the look of the standard handle and so got the head only, thinking I would have at least 10 ss handles which would fit. However, most wouldn't tighten up properly and I ended up using the only one which seemed to work, a UFO Colibri. It looks a little bit odd, with the handle being much more shiny and ornate than the head, but at least it does the job. I wonder if the head has a metric thread while most of the handles I have are imperial. I know this normally doesn't matter, but perhaps the tolerances on the Evo head are very tight.
I’ve been using a Titanium handle I got from China , I can’t say I’ve noticed any problems, I do use a washer between the handle and head , if that might make a difference

Back
Top Bottom