Citrus Zinger Cream

Hi Guys, I need a bit of help here. I just got some of Sharon's Citrus Zinger cream, but I am struggling to get a "rich creamy" lather. It lathers but seems a bit thin. I use a GFT Super badger brush and used the supplied bowl to lather. Should I scoop some into my normal bowl (like I do with my other creams) or scoop some directly onto the brush and face lather. I asked Sharon and she suggested I asked on here. I am sure it is just the method I am using that is the problem, any ideas would be gratefully received please.
Thanks, Steve

Forgive me if you've already tried this, but here's a link to Antdad's sticky on the subject:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=545" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=545</a><!-- l -->

Lathering is all about the water/product ratio and the kit you have. You just have to try different balances to find what works best with what you have to work with. I'd rather practice in a bowl than on my face.

THanks for that I am just about to get into the shower and then have a shave. I think I will try the bowl method 1st as I tend to agree with Fido on this one. I will let you know how it goes later.
Am off out to Columbia Road flower market to get some roses for the garden as the weather again is sunny in East London......... :D
Again thanks for the advice guys.
Steve

Ok quick update. Tried Antdads method but the cream/soap is too thick and just stuck to the brush, so went back to bowl mixing.
Ran sink of hot water (my boiler is set to 75 deg C) left the brush, bowl with cream/soap in it and razor soaking while I had my shower. Emptied and re-filled the sink and tried mixing in the bowl. A this worked better as I learned how muck water to leave in the brush, but still not as creamy as I would have liked and it tended to stick to the bowl. Decided after the shave maybe try my boar/badger mix brush as this is a bit stiffer. Used the same set up as yesterday, still got a good shave and the protection is excellent. So I will try the other brush next time and let you know, this product seems to be a cross between a soap and a cream not as hard as my soap collection but not as soft as my creams so I will keep experimenting until I find the best combination. Still a good product as per from Sharon.
Off out to the market now hope you all have a great day in the sun............ :cool:
Steve

Update...........I used my badger/boar hair brush this morning and it works a treat lathering in the bowl Sharon supplied..............so happy days...... :shave :D

I struggled the first time with this. Then decided I should treat it as hard soap (which I've had no experience with). I just loaded the brush from the pot it was in, the proceeded to face lather. Great, worked treat!

Back
Top Bottom