Christmas 2010 - Shave of the Festive Day

a belated post...

usually I don't have time to post in the SOTD, this x-mas being the x-ception...

pre: hot shower + proraso pre-shave
brush: omega 80087
razor: merkur 34c + dorco
soap: institut karite
asb: body shop macca root

all i can say is the karite leaves my skin feeling nice...i really need to ditch the dorcos though, step my game up

technique is improving, especially regarding chin area

no burn, learning the growth patterns of the beard to get better shave...

Inner thigh of GF's leg tested....result...approved! :D

Saturday 25th December (Christmas Day)

Straight Razor Designs Vetiver - Semogue LE 2010 - Gillette 46-47 US Aristocrat - Gillette Bleue (1) - Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns

Tried out the soap from my Secret Santa. Not bad. Face lathered and got a decent lather, not as thick as some of the other soaps I use but quite slick. The scent smells strongly of cloves, quite festive.

Belated SOTD

Hot shower.
Gillette Rocket Flair Tip with new Gillette 7 o clock green blade.
Real Shaving Co Cream - Lathers nicely but for me gives only an OK shave. I have a bit left in the tube so need to get rid!
Indian Old Spice - reminds me of my dad :(
Real shaving Co balm.

Saturday - Christmas Day

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper's Rose Shaving Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet edt

Made a deal with myself to NOT turn the computer on at all on Christmas Day, hence the post today.

Ian

xmas day

White proraso pre/post
NF 2201
MWF
Merkur HD + Shark Chrome (1)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB
Splash of Bay rum with Limes, Peppercorns

result: Excellent. These shark blades are brilliant. Very smooth and sharp.

Christmas Day
Hot Shower
New EJ 89L feather#1
New EJ Badger Brush
Truefitt and Hill almond cream
Alum
BS Maca root asb

Thanks to my lovely wife for the EJ kit and T and H cream this was the first time i had used a bowl for lathering and really pleased with the outcome will be bowl lathering all the time now.The EJ 89 really is a nice razor and with the feather blade had a really nice shave,wasn't sure about the smell of the almond cream but does not linger once finished shaving.

Sunday, 12-26-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - Gillette Fat Boy - Treet Dura Sharp #1 - Pre 3P - Sir Irisch Moos shaving soap - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Sir Irisch Moos + ASB Truefitt & Hill.

Afeitado26-12-10003-1-1.jpg

Sunday
Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere crema da barba/shavemac D01 two band/Edwin and Jagger DE86 with Shark Chrome/Almond Glow oil/Acqua Borsari di Parma La colonia
P1140960.jpg

Back
Top Bottom