Choosing & Using a Straight Razor - pt 1

Many thanks for this, I am new here and bought a John Clarke and Son, Sheffield razor from Ebay recently for about £17. I am not sure if it worth any time an effort to restore it or not.

Wish I had seen this guide before making my decision

Sadly, Neil died earlier this year - he was the acknowledged expert on straight razors and had amassed a huge wealth of knowledge on makers - especially English ones. His memory lives on in the 3 posts relating to razors, strops and hones.
Thanks for updating me with the situation. Sorry to hear the sad news. I am sure I will appreciate his other posts as much as this. A shame I will never get to know him.

My good god , over the last 6/7 years ive spent time at neils house i was only there in april having my razors touched up , ive been so into my work this year, ive only just found out about neil. So sad such a good man he always moaned at me to sort out my blood pressure problems and i did finally this year and threw my self into my work again. R.I.P my old friend until we speak again.
Colin

Thank you Neil

It Basically Means Extra Full Hollow Ground...Extra Thinly Ground...I Have One...A True Extra Full Hollow is Quite Rare...Razor Makers Band the Term around Loosely...That Said Some Full Hollow Grinds are Just about as Thin as an Extra Hollow...

Billy

A Perfect Explanation! Anyone can find on the Internet Today! Thanks for Sharing! It is really helpful!