Chisel and Hound/Fanchurian

Crossan

Supporter
Supporter
Hey All,

I've been looking at chisel & hound, formerly 'that darn rob'. Does anyone have any experience with his brushes, or more specifically the fanchurian knots he uses?

I almost pulled the trigger on one handle I saw on last night's drop, but I hesitated trying to decide whether to include the knot or not (and missed out).

I mainly bowl lather but I'm starting to go straight to the face a little more often (whether that additional info is useful I have no idea).

Any input or thoughts would be most welcome.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
@RussellR5555 Thanks for the tag Russell.

Hi Marc,
I had the C&H with the V9 Fanchurian knot. I've recently sold it but I needed the cash so don't let that put you off.

I thought it was excellent. It's very dense but not to the detriment to flow through. It's soft with great backbone, you get the "wall of badger" with this knot. I believe the V10 is even denser.
It also works well if you either face or bowl lather.

Definitely a highly recommended from me. Plus Rob is great to deal with and very quick turnaround.

If you need to know anything else just ask.

Cheers Rob

The handles are very well made yes , I don't use badger knots , but I know Rob had the fanchurian
Nice one, thank you and sorry the message sent before I'd finished, had to go deal with a screaming child! I've got a lemon drop handle and separate 26mm 2BED knot on the way from APs last drop. And along with the boars I had recently acquired I was tempted to put one or the other in a C&H handle, but...
@RussellR5555 Thanks for the tag Russell.

Hi Marc,
I had the C&H with the V9 Fanchurian knot. I've recently sold it but I needed the cash so don't let that put you off.

I thought it was excellent. It's very dense but not to the detriment to flow through. It's soft with great backbone, you get the "wall of badger" with this knot. I believe the V10 is even denser.
It also works well if you either face or bowl lather.

Definitely a highly recommended from me. Plus Rob is great to deal with and very quick turnaround.

If you need to know anything else just ask.

Cheers Rob
Based on this feedback @Blackmass I think you may have sold it to me.

I love the boars and synthetics I have, I only have 1 badger and it's a definite budget model. Your description makes it sound quite luxurious but also versatile.

Do you remember what it was like for hair loss in the early days? Currently it seems the V11 is linked to the drops, so the answer might not apply but at least it gives me an idea.

Cheers for the input guys!

Marc

Nice one, thank you and sorry the message sent before I'd finished, had to go deal with a screaming child! I've got a lemon drop handle and separate 26mm 2BED knot on the way from APs last drop. And along with the boars I had recently acquired I was tempted to put one or the other in a C&H handle, but...

Based on this feedback @Blackmass I think you may have sold it to me.

I love the boars and synthetics I have, I only have 1 badger and it's a definite budget model. Your description makes it sound quite luxurious but also versatile.

Do you remember what it was like for hair loss in the early days? Currently it seems the V11 is linked to the drops, so the answer might not apply but at least it gives me an idea.

Cheers for the input guys!

Marc

I don’t remember it losing a single hair. It’s a quality knot, up there with the best I’ve used.

There’s one on right now
Hey Mike,

They're the remnants from the other day. I like the look of some of them but there were others that I preferred which went very quickly.

So I'm going to hold fire for now and see what the next release is like, and hope that I have a good connection and a fast finger lol

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom