Chess

I've been looking for a decent weighted set of chess pieces for a board with 2 inch squares on. Not going to spend mad money on them as thats for shaving supplies obviously, but fancy a weighted set or modern looking style. Any players on the board with a recommendation / supplier etc

Cheers
Andy

London Chess Centre - Euston Rd, London.

I always nip in when I'm in that London.

Never been good at chess. Had a brief fling with Shogi and Go but I was just as hopeless.

Even bought Fritz and Chessmaster but I still play like a mentally challenged chimp.

joe mcclaine said:
London Chess Centre - Euston Rd, London.

I always nip in when I'm in that London.

Never been good at chess. Had a brief fling with Shogi and Go but I was just as hopeless.

Even bought Fritz and Chessmaster but I still play like a mentally challenged chimp.

seems like we are in the same division then Vinnie! :lol:

I got into Chess a few years back. Started playing online at instantchess.com, went on to FICS, and now waste time on here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.alilg.com/games/free-online-chess-challenge/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.alilg.com/games/free-online-chess-challenge/</a><!-- m -->

It's an addictive game once you get a taste for it.

I am very poor at chess. Its a game I would like to play more but it takes so long.
I have beaten a few half tidy players. Chess players think so many moves ahead. My thinking is limited to what can I move now. This means I do completely random and unexpected moves which throws my opponent which has allowed me to win.
I don't ever win at the rematch or ever again for that matter.
Draughts now is different. Nobody has beaten me at draughts in years.
My grandfather was a terrible cheat at games like draughts. He would "accidentally" knock the board (every game) spoiling the game even when he was winning. Not because he was a bad loser, it was just something he did.

I used to play a fella at work every lunch and we were pretty even.

We tended to just move the pieces around with very little (no) knowledge of opening lines, tactics and strategy. We even played an entire game with the Queens on the wrong squares.

In an attempt to improve my game I joined a local Chess club. In my first (and only) match I was thrown by the other fella's opening known as 'The English' and I went to pieces. He must've thought "what the . . . " and proceeded to demolish me in about 10 minutes flat.

I quickly gave up competing against other humans at chess to save me from total embarrassment, moved onto Table Football and never looked back :lol: I also didn't need to think to hard to follow the rules i.e kick the bloody ball into your opponents net :oops: I was unbeaten in my first 34 games :D

teabag said:
I quickly gave up competing against other humans at chess to save me from total embarrassment, moved onto Table Football and never looked back :lol: I also didn't need to think to hard to follow the rules i.e kick the bloody ball into your opponents net :oops: I was unbeaten in my first 34 games :D

Now THAT'S a plan.

joe mcclaine said:
teabag said:

Now THAT'S a plan.

Yes Vinnie, it was quite good, it was when I was in my late teens/early twenties. There was 20 of us and we played each other twice. Each game lasted 10 minutes with a 1 minute interval for half time of course :p Happy Days :D Can't we fet a league going on here? :hungrig ;)

Back
Top Bottom