Chemex-ish coffee filter

...Off topic. Vac Pots... Had a phase when i went in for them, still have 4 or 5 around the kitchen. Just too much work for a cup of coffee. Specially the cleaning out.[emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...Off topic. Vac Pots... Had a phase when i went in for them, still have 4 or 5 around the kitchen. Just too much work for a cup of coffee. Specially the cleaning out.[emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They certainly are labor intensive. Not sure the end result is worth all the effort but they get points for aesthetics

Ha yes vac-pots are the mother of all arse-pains to set up and run. But the coffee they eventually come up with is my favourite. After breaking my old Santos I now just have the cona (like the one below) left. It only comes out for Christmas and birthdays now.

cona-domestic-brew3.jpg

Ha yes vac-pots are the mother of all arse-pains to set up and run. But the coffee they eventually come up with is my favourite. After breaking my old Santos I now just have the cona (like the one below) left. It only comes out for Christmas and birthdays now.

cona-domestic-brew3.jpg
Holy Cow! That's beautiful. The ones I had were made by Bodum (Santos?) but could hold a candle to yours.

Nice thing about the Conas is they don't use any kind of cloth or paper filter. The filtering is done by a glass rod/plug thing, so the coffee never touches anything except glass.

Avoiding the cloth or paper filters definitely sounds like the way to go.

In my previous message I meant to say the Bodum can't hold a candle to your beauty. You now have me doing research on vac pots. I typically use a Hario V60 pour-over in the morning and a la Pavoni lever espresso machine in the afternoon. I'm dazed and confused enough and not sure another rather complicated device makes any sense at my age. May start mixing up procedures.

Back
Top Bottom