Charles Nicholls / Executive Shaving Company

I was looking to purchase a Rooney shaving brush (style 3, size 1) and the cheapest UK vendor was Charles Nicholls at £48. The only other UK vendor was the Executive Shaving Company for £64. Admittedly, the brush handles from the ESC looked a bit prettier - probably a later version - but I still could not justify the extra £££ so I placed an order with Charles Nicholls.

As I was checking out with a credit card, I happened to notice that the vendor name that came up was Executive Shaving!! Is Charles Nicholls owned by Executive Shaving???? Do they use Charles Nicholls to sell off old stock??

In any case, the deal on Charles Nicholls is much better!

Will let you know how I get on with my new brush when it arrives ...

I've never purchased from Executive Shaving, but my experience with them has been less than spectacular.

There was some confusion about the Rooney hair grades used vs. price on both ES and CN sites, and whenever I have emailed ES I have received no response whatsoever.

I've even PM'd Executive Shaving on here, and same thing - no response.

Do they actually want to offer any kind of customer service, or just hide behind a web site and shift units? I suspect the latter.

I shall be giving my money to Rooney vendors in the US, who have responded promptly to my questions with detailed and informative answers. Ok, I will be paying slightly more for shipping, but you know what? I don't want to give ES my money.

Anyone else actually succeeded in corresponding with ES?

In my experience of late, the concept of customer service seems to be alien to a lot of UK companies.

John

John

Which vendor are you dealing with in the US? What are they charging you for P&P? Are there likely to be any customs issues (I guess you would know that already from your QED purchase)?

My understanding was that none of the US Rooney stockists was willing to ship overseas.

Thanks
David

PS ... and do tell us what you are ordering .. you are fast becoming the expert on brushes :D

chicken neck said:
John

Which vendor are you dealing with in the US? What are they charging you for P&P? Are there likely to be any customs issues (I guess you would know that already from your QED purchase)?

My understanding was that none of the US Rooney stockists was willing to ship overseas.

Thanks
David

PS ... and do tell us what you are ordering .. you are fast becoming the expert on brushes :D

Hi David,

I ordered a Heritage Alibaba 1 from Classic Shaving (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/2053630/6410289.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/i ... 410289.htm</a><!-- m -->) although I have a feeling it may be too small. Keep an eye out on the B/S/T!

Shipping was $11.38, I have yet to receive the brush so I'm not sure about customs, will let you know.

John

I bought a Rooney brush from Executive Shaving but they have failed to answer three e mails from me complaining that the brush is shedding at least seven to twelve hairs per shave. The brush is over a month old and should have stopped shedding hairs .by now

If Charles Nicholls is the same company beware in your dealings with both.

Does anyone have a contact address for Rooney.

Valuer

Back
Top Bottom