Charity sale: "Santal" sandalwood edt

OK, OK, I *know* I'm supposed to be away for Lent, and I am but . . .

I'm a sandalwood freak, an absolute nut for the stuff.

And I've tried 'em all (or I'm getting round to it).

So.

I was keen to try some "Santal" by Melvita in their 'Solyflore' range, having read the reviews over at Basenotes:

"a lean, woody, austere sandalwood – try Santal by Melvita in its Soliflore line. That can be hard to find but is is worth the effort, I never grow tired of it."

"This is a lovely, simple and very natural rendering of sandalwood. It is very dry and woody, and a bit soapy. Sandalwood has a sharp, aromatic quality that makes it different from other woods, and it gets centre stage here. I find Santal to be a very satisfying, go-to sort of scent. Sometimes sandalwood can be tarted-up with excessive vanilla, amber or other sweeteners. Other times it can be done in a very pungent, heavy style. Neither is true in Santal, which is balanced and elegant in its own austere way. This is a simple, quiet performer with good longevity."

I find it refreshing and quite metrosexual for a sandalwood - good for daytime/office, nice longevity and good sillage.

Now for the charity sale bit: I've got a couple of unopened bottles of this (BNIB, 100ml) to sell.

£15 each and all proceeds to go to a Tearfund project in Tanzania that my wife and kids are very keen on.

Give it a go - at this price and on these terms it's a win/win for all you Sandalwoodheads out there. PM me via this site.

Oh, an edit on the edt:

I have several bottles because the postage (from France) was stupidly high but it was same for a number of items.

I had in mind to sell them to defray or offset the cost of postage but the wife and kids are doing all sort of sponsored things (sadly not sex and silence respectively) so I thought I ought to show willing and pass on any monies generated to The Cause.

Tearfund do top work so I'm happy to help. I'd still like to sponsor those activities, though.

So: £15 will get you this light, modern and very pleasant sandalwood, all (I think, my French is ropey) made from organic ingredients.

PM me here and it'll be with you first class.

I'm quite keen to hear what y'all make of this so please post a review or at least let me know. Feedback so far has been positive.

Back
Top Bottom